Sunday, March 22, 2009





A very happy 3rd anniversary to 1 of my fave acts in the form of KAT-TUN ! it has been exactly 3 years since their debut single Real Face was released on this very day ie. 22nd March & naturally all the KT fangirls are celebrating this very special day & so am I .

This's special for me because it's the 1st time I'm celebrating the sextet's 3rd anniversary as I only came onboard their music just like last April / May .

Frankly I surprise myself in that I never would have thought I would be supporting Johnny's artistes alongside with non Johnny artistes as seriously they were the last bunch of people that came knocking on my door .

I was already supporting quite a lot of female solo acts with some JRock bands thrown in for good measures & then Johnny's acts didn't came knocking on my door til much later on in which I frankly can say that I so regret in supporting them a bit too late lmao .

I still remembered before I officially became a full time KAT-TUN fangirl (alongside with being a full time ARASHI one among other artistes) , I read & have heard so much about them ... via wikipedia no doubt . I was wondering to myself at that time , what's so good about them & for a band that was put together originally as a temporary group for KinKi Kids's Domoto Koichi 8 years ago & subsequently becoming a permanent unit , it's saying something .

& the fact that they didn't managed to debut officially til 3 years ago , it was a very long wait to say the least but it was I'm quite sure worthwhile for the 6 extremely talented guys to finally see the day/light of debuting .

Boy when I finally gave their music a try in the form of their 5th single Keep the faith , I was immediately sold as I never expect a boyband to dab in rock music seeing that I'm a BIG & HUGE fan of rock music . That & also with a rapper & a beatboxer on board , you definitely can't go wrong with that .

Also the fact that Eirynne on AHS kinda brainwashed me to like their music & then some helped too haha ;p .

The thing I like about KT's that music wise , it's not really pure rock that they do . Instead it's a mash up of many different music genres that they have put together & in the process creating an unique sound of their own as evident in their 3rd FUCKING AMAZING album KAT-TUN III - QUEEN OF PIRATES - .

That & also how often you have heard of a rapper & a beatboxer being in a boyband ? I don't think it's something that's quite commonly known in the Eng music scene & let alone locally too .

KAT-TUN III - QUEEN OF PIRATES - was the very 1st Johnny's album that I downloaded/listened to , let alone for their album & I was so impressed with what I have heard on 1st listen as I never thought an album would have sounded so amazing from the start to the end .

It's awesome that they blended in so many different music genres in their 3rd album offering & considering the fact that there were only 3 singles & 8/12 new songs , the album tracks sound on par if not even more superior than the singles counterparts which's quite a rarity .

I was so blown away with KAT-TUN III - QUEEN OF PIRATES - so much so that I ordered the album online straightaway after listening to it for 1 whole week & it's a no brainer that it's my fave album of last year , I stressed this so many times in my music blog , I probably should shut up on that fact now lmao & I personally feel that it's 1 of the best Johnny's original albums that I have came across too .

It's still my fave album of the guys at this point in time even though I also dig their debut album Best of KAT-TUN as well but right now nothing still beats KAT-TUN III - QUEEN OF PIRATES - .

& since then I have listened to their whole discograhy & I probably officially came onboard to support them 100% full time after hearing KAT-TUN III - QUEEN OF PIRATES - .

So I have talked about their music but how about person/people wise in the group ? I honestly can say that before knowing who's who's in KAT-TUN , I really had no idea as to how they looked like at all , let alone for other artistes that I support , be it Johnny or non-Johnny as to me I always always go for the music .

It's pointless for me to give me a very good looking girl/guy/band but yet they sound tone deaf on record , let alone live .

At 1st when I began to know who's who in the group , I saw pics of the guys on magazines & etc & I thought to myself what a buncha moody looking dudes they're but it turns out that by right they're very very funny .

I have seen them numerous times on variety shows such as Utaban , HEYx3 , MUSIC STATION & also their own variety show cartoon KAT-TUN & they actually can carry a joke or 2 which surprised me as I guess the image that they portrayed's so different as compared to what you see in real life .

In fact I was shocked to find out that at 1st when they were formed 8 years ago by Domoto Koichi , they can't get along for nuts & they have said it many times before even up to now that they had a lot of fist fights & 1 fight grew so big/major between the de facto leader Kamenashi Kazuya & my fave sadist Ueda Tatusya which threatened to spilt up the group .

Kame & Ueda talked about that in the very 1st apperance of the group in HEYx3 in a rather open manner too . They laughed over it but of course at that time when it took place it wasn't a laughing matter at all .

Thankfully they're all adults now but I suppose kids will be kids . That's what I like about the guys in that they're very honest & outspoken of the good kind . I don't like people faking it in front of people , it's just ugh on every single level & also you can tell that they genuinely appericate the fans's support & care which I admire that in the guys .

At least it beats supporting the local music scene in which I probably can name about 10-20 people or more who fall under the ungrateful/arrogant category in my books *COUGH* [I left supporting the local music scene because I wasn't happy in what I'm seeing in that feeling under-appericated & all but that's a different story altogether , BACK TO KAT-TUN now OK !]

Also unlike other artistes I support , they're the only band that I called all of them by their surnames . I'm so used to it already so if you ask me to call Akanishi by his given name Jin , it just sound so wrong on all levels to me .

& did I mentioned , I adore their factory skits in the making of segments of their music videos . Nakamaru , you're a genius man for starting it . I really want to see more of it in their future making of segments :( . White X'mas ones was awesome though <3

That & also I feel everyone in the group can sing & they displayed pretty good songwriting/composing skills in numerous songs scattered all around their discography .

Here're some thoughts that I want to share on how I feel for each member in KAT-TUN & it goes according to their surnames so yup & it's quite a rarity for me to like all of them equally for their own individual right even though I must admit that there're certain days that I have my own particular faves :)




Kamenashi Kazuya -- the K in KAT-TUN , this's the guy whom I'm currently fighting over Eirynne on a never ending daily basis since last year *joke* & that's Kame !

I find it hard to believe that he's only a year older than me but the way he presents himself , he stuck me as something who's very mature & probably had gone though a lot in his life before KAT-TUN came about despite being the youngest in the group .

He's often considered as the unofficial leader as he & Nakamaru are very outspoken of the good kind & tend to do a lot of MC during concert takes .

That & also the amount of fanservice that he has done for all the KAT-TUN fangirls let alone for me & Eirynne . Nowdays whenever I watch the group's LIPS video , I always will have a fit after that because of him @_@ no thanks to the eyeliner & the visual kei inspired like esemble that he donned on there .

It's odd that when I watched him in One Pound Gospel where he was practically topless for 85% of the time , I didn't reacted that much but with a video like LIPS it's just O_O & to think I didn't had any reaction when I 1st saw the video but now OH MY GOD , I will be staring at him from the start to the end whenever I watched it , it's that BAD I tell you lmao .

That & also the crazy whack solo performance he did in the Queen Of Pirates DVD aka w/o notice ?? . That was just ... something even though his hair was horrendous on there :S .

Also what more can you say about this really good looking guy who's more or less really likeable & hot ? :) & he displayed really good singing & songwriting skills as evident in SPECIAL HAPPINESS & the awesome awesome awesome Kizuna .

Oh Kame you're just too modest lah in saying that your songwriting skills suck because I frankly think they don't !

*back to fighting with Eirynne over Kame now* ;p



Akanishi Jin -- Eirynne loves to pick on him all the time lmao which figures & she dubbed him the wannabe american while I love calling him nowadays blockhead & Bakanishi at times .

For me , it took me the longest to appericate Akanishi in the group seeing that most pics that I have seen of him , he only does 1 thing which's pouting waaay too much . I didn't like the fact that he doesn't smile for practically almost 99.999% of pics that I seen of him , be it solo or group shots & that sometimes goes for variety shows too .

I guess you can say that he has that kinda face in which you want to beat him up & etc LOL

Thankfully as time goes by , I began to see Akanishi in a different light & it helped after I found out from Eirynne that he's the 1 that insisted SIX SENSES to be included in KAT-TUN III - QUEEN OF PIRATES - which scored big time in my books as that's 1 of my fave songs on the album even though by right I love every single song on the record .

Also unlike other people I know , I like the fact that he doesn't fake in front of the camera in that if he's pissy/moody over something , he just show it & don't fake around even though I still think he needs to show a bit more professionalism in the group but that's the blockhead for you .

Vocal wise , he sings quite damn good & I like his solo compositions like LOVEJUICE (I hated the song at 1st omg something was wrong with me back then :O) & BUTTERFLY which he cowrote with Ueda on Best of KAT-TUN .

Then again , he & Kame are not dubbed as Akame for nothing seeing that they're the 2 lead vocalists in the group so go you Akanishi .



Taguchi Junnosuke - the 1st T in the group aka the DoM / Masochist , Taguchi aka Junno as he's affectionately known .

I think he's someone that brings the atmosphere & mood in KAT-TUN as he's always the one cracking jokes & puns , be it good or bad ones . He makes me laugh which's a good sign & is always getting beaten up by the rest .

It's not that he's the most hated one in the group but rather he asked & requested for that to happen & it's usually Tanaka that's doing that to Taguchi LOL .

Surprsingly the tallest one in the group is also the most acrobatic & he's really skilled in dancing too & he's probably considered as the best dancer in KAT-TUN . I have seen him doing back flips & etc in the group's concert dvds without breaking a sweat & that's really cool & just like ARASHI's Aiba Masaki , Taguchi's quite light hearted & a KY person .

Even though he's not the youngest in the group , he tend to behave like 1 which's frankly cute .

Solo material wise , I really like Natsu no Basho & SAMURAI LOVE ATTACK . The performance for SAMURAI LOVE ATTACK is just too cute for words & I hope Junno will deliver another great cool solo track in due time .



Tanaka Koki - the rapper in the group & the 2 T , it's the loveable Koki who goes by the name of JOKER when comes to writing his own rap lyrics in KAT-TUN . He's responsible for writing all the rap lyrics in the group's discography .

On 1st impression , Koki scared me a LOT when I was getting to know KAT-TUN because of the chao ah beng image that he portrayed but oh man he's so misunderstood as time goes by .

I never would have thought that JOKER is such a sweet person & a teddy bear in real life which's definitely a sharp contrast to the image that he portrayed in pics .

Ironically when KAT-TUN was 1st formed , he was the 1st person to object to the idea seeing that outta the 6 , it's he that joined Johnny & Associates the earliest so techincally he's their senior in the group .

All that changed when the group held their 1st concert together before debuting . In fact I watched an episode of him where he appeared at Shounen Club Premium where TOKIO's Taichi was the host & Tanaka opened a lot to Taichi on what he feel then & now about the group .

I never thought that it's actually Tanaka that persuaded Akanishi to come back after he took a leave of absence of 6 months 2 years ago & that's quite heartening to know



Ueda Tatsuya -- why lookie here , it's my fave DoS / sadist in the form of Ueda ! I remembered when I 1st got to know the whole group , he really fascinated me quite a big deal & still do now .

He stuck me as someone who's really quiet & mysterious , kinda like a slient killer in the group haha but give him the chance to talk , he will say something funny if not just something plain serious .

He's just a really cool person I feel & he's kinda bizarre in a good way . I laughed at the whole 'I see fairies & JRock reject' images that he portrayed in the past but at least those are long gone now & he's being himself now which's probably the best for him as it makes him look more 'normal' LOL .

Tat-chan's an extremely talented person , he wrote/composed many of his own solo songs like Ai no Hana , LOST & I still want Love in snow on a CD in due time as I really love it when I heard it in his Mouse Peace concert .

That & also he has some of the coolest long earrings around & it helped that I'm a sadist too & so's Eirynne so sadists unite , HURRAH :D



Nakamaru Yuichi -- the N in the group , it's Maru aka the beatboxer & together with Tanaka , both of them formed the comedy duo TaNaka which's a barrel of laughter .

I adore his beatboxer skills as he's so scaredly good in it & he's the 1st Johnny to showcase really good beatboxing skills as he started it to stand out from the masses as he doesn't want to blend in like a wallpaper in the group which really served him well .

Aside from that , he's also the one that's known to stop whatever fights that goes on in the group , kinda like a mother hen for that matter as he's the oldest outta the rest .

I also admire his singing & songwriting skills as evident in key of life & most recently SMACK .

I'm currently watching his drama RESCUE & he's doing himself pretty well as an actor & props goes out to you as well , NEWS's Masuda :)

===

with that said , it's another round of saying a HUGE & happy 3rd anniversary (music wise) to KAT-TUN & may you have many more wonderful years in time to come & I can say that I'm proud to support you guys .

Considering that I have your whole music discography it's saying something I guess haha .

Now can you please make a trip down to S'pore , I want to see you guys perform live in the flash , that will be awesome if that were to come true . That & also maybe a stop by Eirynne's house er I mean California , LOL

:D

++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter