Saturday, August 27, 2005

WOO what a KICK ASS day it was yesterday aka the gig ! The place was packed to the fullest & even though the gig's scheduled to be only 1 hour long , the band dragged it on & that it ended at 10.50pm instead of 10.30pm ! But no 1 seems to mind it at all !

I reached the place with Hui Li after we took our dinner at Suntec City . Before that , we were SO silly & nearly got killed by some stupid car drivers :S :S who were driving like drunk idiots but aiyah , it's their fault lah so I don't care ! Both of us reached The Esplanade at 8.35pm . She wanted to go around & explore the place but I told her no as I think people might already be coming bcos' it was a free seating venue & true enough , 10 mins later , a whole army of people suddenly just swarmed in like bees . Then I told her , 'you still want to go & walk ? ' *cough cough*

Ok here's the funny part which I still can't stop laughing . There was this group of maybe like 5-6 elderly folks who were around mama & ah ma's age , they asked the usherers whether this gig's by a chinese band aka 12 Girls Band !!!! I was laughing so loud at 1 corner bcos' it's like , 'since when the band name Electrico's chinese & when did they played such music? -.- ' LMAO so strange man.

So like around 9pm , everyone was let inside the Recital Studio & holy cow , the place looks bigger than I expected as compared to the one I saw on the website. I spotted Leonard upstairs when everyone was waiting.

When the time hit 9.30pm , every person in the place was excited & then Doops came on stage 1st & woah , I like what she wore , a cross bred between what Alicia Keys & Ciara wears ! She started singing this song which I can't make sense outta it (sorry!) bcos' the sound system was TOO loud & overpowered her vocals but I suspect that what she sang was Whisper by Evanescence. I'm not sure man bcos' the melody sounded familiar to me.

5 mins later , Dan & the others stepped out finally & they did acoustic sets 1st before launcing into kick ass mode ! They did acoustic versions of I See The Light , Runaway,Fabled Angst Machine,Good Time & when comes to rocking out ,they did some new tracks from the upcoming album & I Want You & closed the show with Much More Inside .

Ok I heard the new tracks that they did & it's more mature & rockish & less poppy but still catchy ! There're a lot of 80s influences in them too . The anthemn was great & kick ass ! * We're not made in the USA but we got the goods here anyway . We rock n roll just the way we do , with the red & the white but without the blue * I hope that will be released bcos' it's so rocking & kick ass ! but the band said that they probably gonna release Love In New Wave as the 1st single . They played it yes & it's very nice , no wonder they want to release it LOL . Some other new tracks they played are Hello Stupid & the rest of the titles I forgot *sheepishly* bcos' it was the 1st time I heard the tracks so can't blame me lah ! But they did a cover of Oasis's Supernova ( think that's the title :S )

The gig ended around like 10.50pm but I don't mind at all , neither did the rest of the 246 people . After it ended , I wanted to stick around the place as Dan wanted me to say hi after the show finished but the usherer shoo us off away (DAMN you idiots pigheads) Aiyo , at most just tell us to move gently lor , why must like gester so much like siao za boi???? So I just gave up & went to the place & collect the supposedly post snack & drink which btw I can't take at all ! It's all those stuff like nachos,potato wedges & the drink's fruit punch ! omg I was like ' what the hell , I can't take those ! ' .The portions were huge man so in the end , I asked for a doggie bag to give the stuff to Hui Lin to eat at home hahaha

I suggested to Hui Li why not go up again & try our luck to see whether I can spot Dan a not & true enough ,he was outside of the venue ehehehe . I gave him a hi 5 & told him what a kick ass gig it was & introduced him to Hui Li whom btw , was so shy -.- . We spoke for a while & then he later asked whether want to go & say hi to the rest . I wanted to but it was already SO late aka 11.10pm & worst still , the last bus is like 11.30pm ?!?! so I told him sorry but probably next time heh heh

Hui Li was shocked when I gave Dan a Hi 5 instead of a handshake . I was puzzled bcos' it's not like I was meeting him for the 1st time what haha but that's her lah , so quirky & weird at times :P

Overall I enjoyed myself a lot & who knows , I might go for another teh session with Dan next week haha depending on my timetable schedule but I don't know , an email's just 1 click away !

++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter