Saturday, January 20, 2007

Had a great hella of a good time eariler at Ngee Ann's Open House , the Wannabe DJ Competition where Electrico was their guest performance artiste to be precised ! & somemore what better way than to accompany Jiha (the other way round to be exact in more ways or so) & also it was her 1st maiden gig that she ever attended woo hoo so in a way mission accomplished !

Hui Li was supposed to accompany me in the 1st place but eventually she went to Jurong Point to watch Death Note 2 (again!) with Hui Lin . Hui Lin didn't watched it but Hui Li did so in a way was the 2nd time Hui Li caught the movie.

Anyway , here's an account or 2 on how things went in the afternoon . I left the house at around 12.45pm . Made my way to King Albert Park to have lunch & then things sorta took a nosedive when it suddenly poured outta the blue.

To make things worst , me being an idiotic smart aleck or so , decided to walk to Ngee Ann instead of taking the bus although at this point in time it was starting to pour heavily .

Decided to save $ on the bus fare (aka just 1 bus stop away from King Albert Park) & what did I get in return ? A free shower (although I bathe before I stepped outta the house) in that I was drenched from head to toe although I used an umbrella but that was of no use so by the time I reached the Ngee Ann bus stop , I was all wet . Maybe next time I better wait for the rain to subside before I got myself into this un-necessary mess.

When I was 'walking' in the rain , the only time that I was worried about was whether lightning will stuck me in which it didn't .*touchwood* & somemore with the current wet situation , I was a bit worried that the gig will be a wash out event but thankfully , it still went ahead despite the rain.

I waited around the bus stop while waiting for my clothes & hair to dry . Around 2pm or so , Jiha arrived after she received her bursary award from the Community Centre.Was nice to see her again & she was surprised when I told her that Electrico would be performing today at The Atrium. She knew that Ngee Ann will be conducting an open house but she doesn't know about this haha

She hasn't seen them performed live just as yet so it was perfect timing I say & somemore it was held in the school premises so just nice for her !

By the time she arrived , the rain had already subsided but my shoes were still wet . Walked to The Atrium & then both of us made our way to the Convention Centre cos I had to do something for Hui Li in that I had to find out what's the intake numbers & L1R4 cut off points for the Business courses Ngee Ann has to offer.

It's weird & definitely deja vu cos I mean last year , I was studying in Ngee Ann for a short period of time before I decided to quit but ah well things do happen.

The Atrium was organising a Wannabe DJ Competition & some acts aside from Electrico performed & graced the occasion . They were supposed to perform at 3.30pm but it was pushed back to 4pm . I know cos while I was waiting & watching the competition , when it was about 3pm or so , was wondering how come I didn't see any of the guys & girl yet so I SMS'd Amanda about it & haha they were at Holland Village around that time & she told me about 4pm or so they will perform.

Around 3.30pm or so , some local band in which their name I didn't managed to catch started performing & erm I don't know if it's just me but I only could hear nothing but noise , noise & more noise while the lead singer was just screaming away into the microphone , just like Linkin Park's Chester Bennington so surface to say I didn't enjoyed their performance.

I could be wrong though with regards on their music but the next time should they perform , I might probably check them out again.

Jiha & I were standing right at the back of where the stage at The Atrium was located at so I managed to get a good view as to who's in front of me & vice versa & around this time , I spotted Daniel & Electrico's manager Marcia at the right side of the stage.

& then I nudged Jiha to come with me & she didn't know why I asked her to move in front but she managed to know the answer soon after when I went up & said hi to Dan & yeah as usual was nice to see him even though at this point in time , I was wondering how come he was wearing shades when it was a gloomy Sat !

& bless Jiha . She was at the back of me cos I think she was quite shy so she didn't know what to do but then I told her to come up in front & then I introduced her to Dan . I only managed to chat with him for a short while before he & the rest were due on stage to prepare & get ready for their performance that would be taking place soon after S'pore Idol 2 Finalists Nurul & Norman's performance concluded.But he said he will talk to me after the gig which was cool !

Electrico's gig didn't started til about 4pm & they did an on the spot soundcheck although Amanda told me that they did 1 eariler in the morning at around 11am & I didn't caught sight of Leonard at the place where the sound system was being manned .

Was the 1st gig that I attended of Electrico in the brand new year & also it was the 1st time Electrico performed at Ngee Ann too so it was really cool & haha Dave , just like Dan , was wearing sunshades too onstage & Des got his hair cut ! No more blond streaks & in comes a more nature haircut for him that made him look more innocent LOL

Cos of the fact that the both of us had been standing since like forever , we decided to take the front row seats while enjoying their performance which was a 30 mins set . More or less , I know the songlist set as to what songs they usually perform & kick start with & vice versa .

& I was so right on that ! Electrico kick started with Walk which was brillant as always followed by the fab sounding Electricorp. . I love it when they do Electricorp. live especially cos of the extra lyrics Dave added prior to the ending of the song .

Surprisely , even though it was starting to pour again , the crowd turn out was pretty high which was very encouraging .

Followed by the oh so fanastic Teenage Queen & yes at least in a way my song request that I made to Dan on Thurs was answered hahaha & then it was the song that started it all aka I Want You ! I gotta admit I was very surprised when they did that song cos it has been a VERY long time since I last heard that being done live so it was great !

& here & there , Dave was telling the crowd that he used to study in Ngee Ann's Electrical Engineering for 3 months before he dropped out & that William was a graduate in Ngee Ann too ! Wow that's something I didn't know about . I mean for Dave that's but at least I learn something new today.

Dave was also shamelessly plugging about Live In New Wave & that time he was saying that a certain % of $ from their concert will go to their 'USA Trust Fund' haha . At that time I really thought that he was kidding but I found out he wasn't after I asked Dan & Amanda about it but as to how much $/% that's going to the trust fund , I'm not very sure.

So that means outta S$80.80 that I paid for the pair of front row tickets to Live In New Wave , a certain % will go to their USA Trust Fund in which they need to raise $ in order to make their way to SXSW Festival 2 weeks after the concert in which the SXSW Festival will be taking place in Austin , Texas.

But still it's ok , at least when they're there , they will be flying the S'pore flag loud & proud big time !

& another surprise is that all of them sweat a lot onstage . It was weird cos usually Dave doesn't sweat that much but wah eariler he did a lot . Although the stage was quite small , at least Dan still had space to jump around.

They closed the set with Love In New Wave & after they put up yet another electrifying performane , before they called it a day , Dave told the crowd to get Live In New Wave tickets via Sistic LOL . Well I have already got my tickets so I will definitely be going for Live In New Wave on 2nd March & before that he told everyone that it will be the full concert effects & the works & they will be doing songs that they never done before . So there's a very high chance that they might be doing new songs from their upcoming 3rd album & I'm so crossing my fingers that will be a YES .

The crowd wanted 1 more aka encore but too bad that didn't happened . Usually when they encored , it's always We're Not Made In The USA .

Songlist :

1) Walk
2) Electricorp.
3) Teenage Queen
4) I Want You
5) Love In New Wave

Around this time , they were about to crown the Wannabe DJ Competition winner aka in short the event was about to wrap up but I wasn't paying much attention about it . But at least I'm glad that Jiha finally got the chance to see Electrico live in performance & somemore to make it even more extra special , was the 1st gig she ever attended in which aka I killed 2 birds in 1 stone whee :)

Everyone started to pack up their gear & the situation didn't help that it was still pouring & the rain was starting to get worst . Me & Jiha waited at the right side of the tent where the stage was . 1st person that I got Jiha introduced to aside from Dan eariler was Dave .

He said hi to me & I introduced him to Jiha followed by Will , Amanda & Des . Around this time , a small group of fans crowded around all 5 of them , asking for their autographs , taking pics with the whole group & etc . Was semi mobbed in a way . After that was done & settled with , chatted with the guys for a while but cos everyone was so busy packing up , I only managed to make small talk with them but it's cool .

But still I gotta admit it was very nice to see everyone again & about now , Dan came back & thanked me & Jiha for coming down to catch their performance in which I always say no problem dude a pleasure big time !

He was asking me what I planned to do after this & I told him I'm gonna have dinner at Great World City with my family excluding my mum who's still in Genting & aww he was so sweet in that he actually did bought me a b'day pressie after all haha

I seriously thought that he was kidding but he wasn't aww :) but unfortunately he didn't brought it along today cos everything was so rushed in the morning so whether I like it or not , I have to claim it from him the next time I see him which's fine by me hee.

Dan asked me whether would he like to send me & Jiha back home in which I swear Jiha was so surprised . I can't blame her cos in a way I can sense that she was initimated by him haha . I know that feeling all too well when I 1st started to know Dan so yeah I totally understand where she's coming from .

Then around this time , I thought it will be better if Dan sent me to Great World City instead of sending me home cos might as well since I have to be there by 6pm or so cos the restaurant that my family wanted to go for dinner , it's always crowded so I thought why not I reached there early to reserve a table so I called Hui Li & updated her about this.

Somemore my dad & Hui Li wanted to go back home early to watch football aka Chelsea Vs Liverpool .

After Dan left for a while to load his gear into his car , Jiha gave me my belated pressie which was a mug which I really like . Thanks Jiha ! & then Dave left 1st & finally I managed to see what kinda vehicle he drives . He drives a very nice red van . Not a car , but a van ! & I waved him goodbye before he left .

In a way Jiha was in a state of shock cos she still can't believe that Dan's gonna fetch her home but I bet this experience will be a memorable one & make her very happy indeed haha . Jiha sat at the back while I sat in the front , just like last time when Dan sent me & Hui Li back home.

However before we left , Marcia was asking Dan whether could he sent her back but cos his gear was at the backseat of his car , there was no more room . He tried to squeeze it in his car boot but to no avail . Eventually Marcia hitched a ride from either Des or Will I think & Dan realised right now he left his sunshades where the stage was ! oops so he hurriedly went to retrieve them .

When that happened , I talked to Jiha a bit more & yeah she was cool with everything . Not that she should complain cos my bro's sending her back leh . Dan was playing Muse's older album Absolution in his car . I liked some of the songs on there so I probably should go check out their older material considering the fact that I'm still embarassed that I only got to know about them just recently but hey better late than never.

I talked to Dan somemore about his thoughts about Muse's gig that took place in Tue at Fort Canning Park such as the post after gig party , also what happened prior to them performing eariler , the sound system & all . Luckily things never went wrong just now cos he was worried they might screw up cos of the fact that they did an on the spot soundcheck but phew thank goodness everything went according to plan despite him gripping about the somewhat sub par sound system .

Well to me the sound system eariler was alright but for Dan it wasn't so this sorta issue differs from each person . He asked me how long I had known Jiha & he was surprised (or so I think) that I known her for a very long time , since Sec 1 to be exact.

& before I know it , we reached Jiha's place with some directions from her cos just like my place , he wasn't so familiar where she exactly stays but this time it's a bit different cos at least in a way he was familiar with her place but for me , no such luck leh

After Dan & I said our goodbye's to her , it was off to Great World City & ah we passed by the place where Jacq works . Cool at least now I know where she work at & by this time , we got stuck in a traffic jam cum flood cum accident .

The flood was gross , to see a large volume of water gushing out from the MRT station it was yuck & mucky brown in colour . Erugh & somemore there was a police car in front so that can't be good & some stupid car cut in front of Dan which led him to say the F word haha but anyway I'm very used to him swearing in my face . Like I don't swear at all.

Come to think about it , I think I swear more than him though haha . So during the traffic jam cum flood cum accident which I was stuck in for about 1/2 hour or so , we talked even more things which was crazy such as the different sizes of cars , his job but ah at least now I know both his parents drive & I gripped about Uni as well saying that next Mon I have to do a presentation.

Also I asked him about next Sun's ASEAN ROCKS event in which no I'm not going & even though the event hasn't take place yet , he's already predicting that will be a flop or should I say another take $ & run that sorta affair cos in such cases , they have to play for corporate clients in which I know Dan absolutely hates !

Cos these kinda people , are usually those who go there to such gigs for the sake of going or simply put , they're not genuine fans . The worst's when they don't know what kind of music the artiste that their company's sponsering in does or even worst still , never heard of you before . Damn that stinks.

At least for such school gigs that they did eariler at Ngee Ann , Dan doesn't mind cos despite the sound system , at least post gig he & the rest still can mingle with their fans , sign stuff & take pics with them which's a good thing not like playing for corporate guests .

I'm not sure if Electrico are going to take the stage with Wicked Aura & Hady Mirza next Sun together or they're playing separately but I know their set's 30 mins but I don't see the need to go at all . Cos I have to pay like what S$38 or S$48 (inclusive of a mug of beer I think) on the day itself which's insane !

Somemore the venue will be held at Hard Rock Cafe . Unless I managed to score some tickets to ASEAN ROCKS via the MTV Asia contest that I took part , I don't mind but no way am I gonna shell out so much $ again . Hey do you know that both amounts are the same prices that you can pay for their Live In New Wave concert excluding the 20% early bird discount ?

Not only that , aside from Bamboo which I heard of excluding their music , the rest of the other bands that hails from other ASEAN countries that will be gracing the 4-5 day event , I never heard of them before + little or minimal promotion's done on it too aside from some ads that I saw on MTV but that's about it man so good luck I should say !

The funny thing & also deja vu much was that eariler we passed by Queensway Sec which was my alumni Sec school & I was telling Dan about the horror stories that I had to endure during Sec 2-4 & went to say that Sec 1 was the best time of my life in Sec school . I had to endure so much verbal abuse back then but like what he said , it's all in the past & at least now I come out to be a more stronger person which's true :) Thanks bro for the wise words as always !

& just like me , he's not a football fan HURRAH . I think Dan's belongs to a rare breed of guys who doesn't appericate football haha & ah he told me that he's moving house next week cos the place he's currently staying at , it's on en bloc sale so whether he likes it or not , he has to move outta there so while the movers move his family's stuff to their new home , he will be staying at a hotel wahaha . So good , I want to stay in a hotel too . Presidental Suite to be exact haha

I still don't know where he stays exactly but I roughly have an idea where . Er I hope I do cos eariler I did asked him whether can he show me where he stays but he's not going back so early so drats no luck . Probably next time then :) cos I mean he knows where I stay now so sooner or later it's high time I should know where he stays too haha

Dan let me alight at Great World City's Taxi Stand & I thanked him once again for taking the time in sending me there & that I will see him again soon . Probably not so soon cos all of my tests are coming up in due time but I see how things goes & try to work things out cos I want to get my b'day pressie from him ! & besides now that the new campus's pretty darn near his workplace so no sweat .

What started out as a day that supposedly went wrong , turned out right & great eventually . I'm so glad that Jiha had a great time catching Electrico live for the very 1st time at the very 1st gig that she attended somemore & not to mention specially taking the time off in accompanying me & vice versa to watch their performance & I bet this's definitely not gonna be the last time she's going to an Electrico gig !






++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter