Thursday, August 24, 2006

{Bar None Rock Affair Details}

Was SMS-ing Serene cos I was quite bored & not to mention I feel quite out in the sense that I don't usually go pubbing & also I can't drink ! Serene was at work & due to some mis communications , she eventually came late for the gig but I was so glad that she managed to turn up despite being late & that she had to pay S$15 for cover charge & that she didn't even picked up her drink !

Before that happened , I talked to Dan for a while & I was sitted at the reservation section of the bar . He introduced me to his girlfriend Jacq & I tell you she's so beautiful in person , I'm officially jealous x2 . I seriously need to get some plastic surgery if I want to have a beautiful face !

Also I let him hear the ringtones that I did & he told me something nice which was great .

I saw Jacq's pic before in which Dan sent to me a while back but I can definitely tell you she looks waay better in person & he gave me a coupon in which I can redeem any drink off the counter but I tell you , me being such a wuss & an idiot in that I can't drink , I eventually ordered a glass of lime juice -.-

ANYHOO... the gig finally started at 9.30pm in which Auburn Epiphany kicked start things with a 30 mins set . Was the 1st time seeing them performed & I like their sound , they did a good job & was glad to witness their performance .

Electrico eventually took centre stage at 10.15pm & they kicked start with Only Where I'm Going followed by Electricorp. & Walk .

They did Teenage Queen soon after in which I was Yay-ing away & then Stay Away & Love In New Wave followed suit.Serene came around this time in which I was so glad even though she was late cos really man , it's no fun to rock out on your own according to her !

They slowed things down with Little Girl & was surprised when Dave said that this's the 2nd time they did it . Which means that the 1st time they did Little Girl was during the ndp countdown gig & yeah I'm quite biased , I like the live version of Little Girl .

That time I heard it at the ndp countdown gig , I loved it immediately ! there's just something about songs that sounds better when they're done live cos Serene was saying that she doesn't like the studio version of Little Girl but yet she prefered the live version . Me also tend to agree in this . No solid explaination on this.

A couple of old songs were done soon after which were Runaway & Good Time & then around this time , me & Serene were kinda right in front of the crowd cos initally we were at the back & then we moved forward.

Fever Fly was then launched & woah I love the guitar riffs of it , it's so rocking & has the whole mosquitoes buzzing feeling along with it & yes this song's all about dengue fever , not joking on this. I See The Light was next & this was the last song they did or NOT

Eventually everyone was going 1 MORE 1 MORE & they did 1 more song which was We're Not Made In The USA to close & wrap things up .

After which , the both of us went forward to say & talk to some things to the guys . Dan hurt his finger eariler while playing on stage poor thing . I'm not really sure what happened but I think a string from his guitar hurt him . I was holding & looking at his finger & it looked really painful.Where's the plaster when you need it eh?

Talked to him a while & then I moved on to talking to Amanda & Des at the side corner & said proper goodbyes to them & that we will see them perform again this Sat at Suntec .

Next was Will & Serene finally managed to talk & meet him face to face as she didn't got the chance to . Was telling & thanking Will in helping me & he almost blown my cover aka something about the favours that I asked for them eariler .

Luckily Serene didn't heard what he said as the pub was quite noisy but nah it's nothing really . She will find out what's it all about sooner or later heh

Couldn't find Dave after the gig concluded so the both of us went up to Dan before leaving the place . I told him that I was glad that I went for it & I think 1 of his friends took a pic with the 3 of us before I got things all wrapped up cos both our mothers were waiting for us at home . Not to mention he thanked me for able to come & to be there , the rest said the same thing to me too which made me go awww

In short , a curfew being imposed on we kids & eventually I reached home at 11.55pm cos for me really pointless to stay in the pub after the gig finished.

Overall , I can say that even though I enjoyed the gig , it wasn't as good as the ndp countdown gig that I went for . Probably because of the ambience as compared to the ndp one in which it was held at The Esplanade & that it was more 'kid friendly' & held outdoors , today's one was held at Bar None & in a pub that's full of people who smoke & drink , in which both I don't do at all !

Luckily my mum didn't had a go at me when I came back eariler but yeah , she's right . I'm not someone who likes to go pubbing & all & mentioned that it's totally not my character & told me not to go for such gigs that will be held in pubs/clubs again.

I will listen to her as I seriously think that this will be the last time I ever visit a pub to catch a gig or whatever as I don't like such places . Not to say that I didn't enjoyed the gig in which I did but maybe cos of the ambience which kinda let me down somehow.

People were drinking & smoking everywhere in which both I don't take too kindly for . Not to mention , I was almost losing my voice as I think I 'suck' in too much smoke or something but yeah it's horrible , I hate it .

I respect the guys & girl a lot & really appericated them for helping me in the favours despite their tight schedule but still , was glad that I went for it .

Next report to look out for which's this Sat at Suntec City & yes , me & Serene have decided to go for both time slots haha . Will meet her up for lunch before that & this time it will definitely be more 'kid friendly' & hopefully a better crowd will be there.

++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter