Sunday, September 02, 2007



Last night , Sony Ericsson staged its 1st Traffic Jam Street Party at Connaught Drive & I managed to get tickets from Dan on Friday when I met up with him to collect them . Kelvin & Khairil were the lucky ones who accompanied me last night of sorts haha cos they wanted to see Electrico perform & in person for the longest time so I thought why not I do this for them before they're about to be enlisted to NS/Police .

I thought I was late when I reached City Hall MRT station but I wasn't . I 1st met Kelvin & I had to wait for Khairil . When I texted him asking him where he was , he said Simei . I got a shock cos this will mean he wouldn't reach the venue til about 1/2 hour or so & eventually I told Khairil I will meet him at Connaught Drive instead as the event was supposedly gonna start at about 6pm + , or so I thought .

I didn't really know where Connaught Drive's but after getting some directions & help from people , I managed to find the place & ahh now I know where it's . I passed by that road before cos Hui Li used to go for softball matches at the Padang & sometimes we would drive there to fetch her after her softball matches . Now I know better .

The whole road was cornered off with lots of security , barriers & the works . Insane man but the layout of the Street Party's right up there . It was really nice & I just like the whole vibe of the surroundings that was given .

By the time Kelvin & I have reached the venue , it was about 5.45pm + . The party hasn't really started so I had to wait outside for a while . Khairil didn't came til later & eariler I gave Kelvin the ticket & I did the same for Khairil or else both of them cannot enter the place .

When I was waiting outside of the road , I see or should I say hear that Electrico was doing their soundcheck cos they will be kicking off the event more or less later on & I did told them that Kelvin & Khairil will be coming along & that it was the 1st time for the both of them to see Electrico perform & post gig wise , in person too .

Everyone was let inside at about 6.15pm or so . Bags were screened/checked as security was tight & I thought the outside of the venue was breathtaking , inside was something else & the stage was wow , it was an 8 wheeler truck . Now that's a 1st !

Alcoholic & non-alocholic drinks & also foodstuff like hotdogs , ice cream were served inside but I didn't bought any of them as they were so grossly overpriced like hello you expect me to pay S$4 for a 300ml Evian mineral water bottle ? No way at all but there were free popcorn available so that will do haha

The 3 of us sat at some chairs , waiting for Electrico to take centrestage & yesterday in the early afternoon when I was talking to Caleb for a while on MSN , it poured outta nowhere man & I got worried it might rain later on at night but thankfully it didn't .

Somemore I did texted Des about what to expect for last night's gig & he told me to see a different Electrico . I was ??? when I saw that , I tried probing him further but he didn't say anything & told me to just wait & see . Asked Dan about it but his lips were sealed too grr but it's ok I was about to find out sooner or later .

Supposed to take the place at 6.45pm or so , Electrico finally came onstage at about 7.05pm or so & of course Leonard was manning the sound system & ahh now I understand the meaning of 'a different Electrico' . Why ? cos everyone except for William was wearing school uniforms , white shirts , black ties & the works !

Des really looked like a school boy man , white shirts , white shorts , he was all white like iterally except for a black tie while Dan & Dave were wearing white shirts , dark coloured pants , black ties & Amanda ? Don't get me started , she looked damn hot man & she was wearing super short shorts with stockings & a cute piano badge . Woo wee .

But anyway , Dave was calling everyone to come in front to get the party started . Amanda saw me when she was onstage & she was waving to me & I waved back to her .

I have not seen the band performed for a good 3 months or so since Rock For Wayne but I was glad that I was able to be part of the experience last night .

Everyone got the ball rolling with standard staples in the form of Walk , Electricorp. & Only Where I'm Going . The stage was a bit small to me cos William looked cramped up drumming at 1 side of the stage but it was alright . Wish I could say the same about the crowd .

I mean there were quite a lot of people but I think they weren't feeling the band's music or something or probably it's still too early by night party's standards cos later on at night , more people strolled inside the venue .

Dan was doing the whole jumping thing as usual & I got worried when I did that after what happened to him a few months ago but thank goodness nothing happened .

After the 3 songs , it was Teenage Queen (woo hoo) , Love In New Wave & then probably my fave part of last night's gig in which the band debuted a new song which I think it will be included in their upcoming 3rd album & it was the 1st time they have played this song live last night .

It's something called Shadow & it's unlike any Electrico No. that I have heard from their 2 albums . It started out slow & then mid tempo & at the end of it , it got really loud . Very cool stuff & I actually heard them doing this song during their soundcheck just now & during the gig , Des was without his glasses . I thought he put them somewhere but he actually dropped it when he was playing onstage oops .

So last night's songlist set was :

1) Walk
2) Electricorp.
3) Only Where I'm Going
4) Teenage Queen (oh yeah but of course ! I always asked them to do this song for me live whenever it's possible)
5) Love In New Wave
6) Shadow

Pretty generous for a 30 mins set or so & last night's gig was superb to me especially with the live debut of Shadow .

So after their gig finished , the 3 of us were outta the venue & walked further upfront of Connaught Drive cos I wanted to bring both Kelvin & Khairil to meet everyone in person for the 1st time .

I wanted to cross over the barriers to get to a quick shortcut but there were a lot of security & police so that didn't worked .

As I was walking outside where the backstage was located at , I saw the band's manager Marcia & surprisely she was waving at me ! I usually don't talk to her but both of us have seen each other a few times as usually she would be present when Electrico's performing in gigs but it was a nice gesture of her to signal me to come towards where she was & she was inside while I was outside , pretty ironic huh .

She called Dan who was behind her back & was packing up his stuff & of course it was nice to see him again . I introduced Dan to Kelvin & Khairil & both guys shooked hands with Dan & everyone talked for a while regarding the gig & later on it got pretty noisy cos Dave was spinning together with DJ KFC so I suggested that we meet further down the road & Dan was cool with it & went back to lug back his stuff to the tent .

As the 3 of us walked further down the road where it was surrounded by more barriers , Dan came out shortly after that & we talked somemore . It's cool & I told Dan to give Khairil & Kelvin some advice since they're about to be enlisted to NS/Police soon & Dan being an 'old' guy oops sorry I mean mature guy , was more than willing to share . I'm handicapped in this department but at least I'm glad that Dan managed to & hopefully lessen both guys's worries .

After that I was telling him that I was worried when he did the whole jumping about eariler & he was telling me he landed on his right leg & not the left which ain't so bad but still you can't help about it & I don't think Dan wants to go though another trumatic experience as what happened a few months ago which freaked everyone out .

It was pretty chilling when he narrated that to me & the other guys last night . For me it was further in detail but ugh I was actually hoping that Dan wouldn't go on further about it but he did but oh well never mind but at least the worst's over .

When I met Dan on Friday , I totally forgot to ask him to pass me some of his namecards & in return I gave 1 of my mum's namecard to him last night & also asked him about something cos I think this will benefit my mum regarding a vitamin supplement cos I was thinking since he's taking it , I might as well let my mum know about it as it will benefit her too .

I was also telling him that the crowd was somewhat sub par & etc but it's ok lah . At least they got the job done & etc . I supposed the event was not properly promoted & publized enough as it's a Sony Ericsson event . It's either you know or don't know . I echoed the same thing to Amanda when I told her about it later on when I talked to her for a while .

For some reason/s , everyone was unusually tired last night , post gig wise . I think it's the weather & I was telling Dan on the drinks & food that were served inside the venue . I so wished that I didn't told him about the vodka & his eyes immediately lighted up when I told him that hahaha . Oh great , me & my big mouth -.- .

Soon after he went inside the tent & rested for a while & later on I called Des to come outside & Amanda came out later on . I introduced Des to Kelvin & Khairil & everyone had a good talk about some things & that followed suit for Amanda .

Amanda looked really cute last night & somemore she was in pigtails too aww so cute haha . I was asking her something regarding keyboards & piano . I was asking her where Dave's & he was still spinning but he came soon after .

Dave saw me & gave me a nice hug & told me that he was thankful that I came . I pointed to him the T shirt that I was wearing aka the official Electrico T shirt haha . Khairil & Kelvin shook hands with Dave & Dave was telling me he had to settle some stuff & he was done with it a while after that .

Cos last night's event was sorta like an early birthday celebration for him in which his birthday's tomorrow , I passed Dave his birthday present & yay thank goodness he liked it & he gave me a few more hugs too & said that he would used it immediately . Nice !

A while later on , the 5 of them had to walk further down a bit to the roadside to do some interview & after that was finished , Khairil was asking me whether can everyone take a group picture together . I said why not & asked Des to gather everyone together with Marcia taking the pictures on my behalf .

She only took 2 pictures last night but it was ok & oh man the pics were hilarious to the bone haha . I bluetoothed them to Dan & Kelvin straightaway last night & eariler I sent the pics to the rest of the guys via MySpace & to Khairil & a few others via email . If you want to see the peektures , let me know , I would gladly send them to you via email .

& Dan just has to hold a glass of vodka on his left hand when everyone was taking the group pic & his left arm was on me too alamak .

When that was done , Kelvin , Khairil & I said our goodbyes to Dan in which he thanked me & the other guys for coming as I guess around this time everyone was super hungry as I didn't had dinner yet . I would love to stay for the rest of the street party to check things out but when I saw the no. of people inside the venue , I don't wanna go inside as it was really crowded & somemore I'm not really into the whole partying & etc .

Before that , I was telling Dan that he owes me something or was it the other way round which I didn't manage to accomplish on Friday but last night that was accomplished haha in which I gave him a super duper big hug to thank him for everything :)

Last night's mission was accomplished ! At least Kelvin & Khairil managed to catch Electrico in performance & post gig met everyone in person & I'm glad that they had a really good time & not to mention getting a few tips or so from Dan regarding NS/Police . I had a lot of fun too & Khairil was telling me in future if there're anymore of such events , he wants to go too in which I'm sure last night's event , it wouldn't be the last that he's attending .

I really enjoyed seeing the guys in performance last night & they're the main reason as to why I have supported & loved them probably a bit too much for the longest time . I look forward to their next gig or so & an early happy birthday to you Dave or should I say DJ Hook .

Cheers to another Electrico gig I say .

++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter