Thursday, March 08, 2007

In my previous post I put that I wasn't going for Lunarin's acoustic gig that would be taking place at NUS's UCC Hall at the Foyer but guess what ? I went for it eventually haha !

But before that comes into the pic , ooh did quite a lot of things today surprisely before I started school in the afternoon . Mmm.. let me see , well I went to meet up with my bro Daniel at his workplace . That was around in the late morning/early afternoon cos I mean , I want to meet up with him & catch up on things before he & the rest of Electrico will be heading their way to US next week so yup why not & somemore didn't had a proper sitdown tea/meal with him for a while so thought today might do ! Even my dad was quite surprised when I left the house unusually early today.

But whether is it bad luck or not , my damn 'ol period came on Tue night & yesterday I was practically a walking corpse by the time I get back home . The same thing goes for today so you can imagine . It SUCK big time & not to mention sucked the life outta me & it was horrible , the pain that I experienced & am still experiencing , it's an on/off kinda event so pity poor me.

Anyway I reached Dan's workplace just in time for once but the moment after I SMS'd to say that I'm downstairs , all of a sudden , I was struck down with a rather bad case of cramps . It got so bad to the extent that I had to squat down & just crossed my arms like iterally so when Dan came downstairs , I tried to get up quickly but was kinda a case of too little too late cos he already saw what happened & got concerned cos apparently my face looked like a white sheet of paper .

Didn't helped matters that the weather was so hot but luckily it was bearable but aw man , it blows whenever my period comes but what to do ? But at least for once , I didn't really ranted & lashed everything all out to Dan just now so phew . Cos I think whenever this happens , it will bring out the worst in me.

Thank goodness the moment I got up & started to talk to him while walking , I got a bit better sorta & poor thing he's still not feeling well & I thought my current situation's bad.

But it was good to see Dan once again & YES this time the big bad hair & eyeliner's outta the picture! Initally supposed to meet up with Leonard as well but he was busy & tied up in his studio so it was just me & Dan having a teh session .

Once we settled down & all with Dan ordering the drinks , I rested my head on the table cos the pain was starting to come back again but I felt bad that I had to drag Dan into this mess but he was so gracious about it .

I saw that he was holding a folder with the flight details in which he would be passing them to Leonard later on since everyone's gonna leave for US next week & I had a look at it & omg , the flight details is insane & SUPER PACKED like sardines . Not to mention , the flight departure & flight arrival timings are so outta place . Dammit , I wanted to send them off or welcome them back at the airport but both options are out sheesh.

Actually the time of their departure flight clashes with my timetable cos I would be having school when they're gonna board the plane :( Also on the day that they will be back in S'pore , it will be in the wee hours of the morning so that wouldn't do . Adio but Dan was so sweet , he said that it's alright for me not to send them off or welcome them back . Can lah but in spirit haha

But oh dear , I'm quite worried for them when they're over in US but I'm sure they will do fine & rocked out when they're in US !

Dan was asking me whether have any upcoming tests along the way . But of course , I told him that I will be having another Maths test next Fri & was telling him the topics that would be included & haha it was so funny , I was going on about further integration & was doing the whole sign thingy but looks like he threw away whatever he learnt in Maths when he was in JC . Then again Math was not his strongest subject so...

I went onto asking him about last Fri's Live since this was still fresh in my mind . Stuff like ticket sales , how much $ they're gonna get from the no. of tickets they sold last Fri which would go into their USA Trust Fund , that infamous puff up hairdo & eyeliner he gamely went for when he was onstage to perform & so much more . It was hilarious man on some of the things he told me but at the same time , I also learnt on somemore behind the scene stuff that went on but on the frontier people doesn't know which was GOOD !

I thought he went for Fall Out Boy's gig last Sat but nope he didn't & ah I went onto asking him on what went about during the gig cos Leonard was in charge of manning the sound for Saw Loser cos I read quite a few mixed reviews about it . I feel for Saw Loser cos after I read in TODAY & Life whom thrashed their performance cos they opened for Fall Out Boy & doesn't helped matters on what Dan told me about this & also everything that they went though since their Pug Jelly days . I got nothing against them definitely but I'm proud of the fact that they finally paid their dues & that the dust has been settled.

Dan told me about what happened to Pug Jelly & Saw Loser but at that time , I supposed it was just on the skim of things . I didn't expect how serious the problems Saw Loser had/have faced . It's just not fair if you ask me & some people can be so insensitive & cruel . If I see Sam or whoever that's in Saw Loser , I would say hi & wouldn't give them like what the middle finger & all . Like wtf man social discrimination big time.

& eariler I also passed Dan his super way advanced b'day pressies whee cos I have a tendency to be very forgetful so I thought why not I give them to him before he leaves for US next week . The pressies would kinda like doubled up as bon voyage gifts for him too & haha he was mocking at my shitty gift wrapping skills & we were comparing the way 1 gift which was done by Hui Li while the other 1 which I did just yesterday night side by side . Ya lah dude , I know that my skills are so shitty already but you don't have to do that to me leh . Just kidding !

I canjoled him to open the one that I gift wrapped with my crappy skills & yay he likes it . In fact I myself like it too the moment I set my eyes on it simply bcos' at 1st glance , I can straight away tell that it's him written all over which's a block of crystal with a lead guitar inside it . Why he even can double it up as a paperweight at home haha & I was kind enough not to put his age in front of the card & just put that he's forever young hee hee

Even I myself couldn't believe that he's going to be old once again but 1 thing's for sure he doesn't look like his real age at all aha . I commented that I was at Liang Court last Sun having dinner at 1 of the Japanese restaurants there cos I remembered he said there's a good Japanese restaurant located in there but's just that I didn't know what was the name of it but at least when I clarified with him just now , it was the same restaurant that I went & yup it's a good one , highly recommended for sure !

I realised that Dan really can gossip & bitch like a girl & it's quite cute but the bulk of what we usually talked in general is about the music industry & it's real nice of him to spill the beans on so many things cos I practically asked him the know & whereabouts about artistes that I like such as Auburn's Epiphany , Rivermaya , Mute Math & of course MUSE . I told him that Invisible would be the 4th single & not Map Of The Problemtique anymore & I was surprised when he said that he would have guessed that Invisible would be released as a single but who cares man I like both !

I also mentioned that Jamie dropped me a line at MySpace saying that he would be sending me a copy of his CD & yes I think Jamie's music's fanastic & it's definitely unique.I wouldn't mind paying but at the current state that I'm in which I'm so broke & poor , I take it in this case haha

It's also fun to bitch about the current stuff playing on air & also what artistes I like & don't like cos in a way my musical taste/s is almost the same as Dan but of course it's a no brainer that Dan's more educated & knowledgeable in the music sector so a lot of things I still learn from him.

& then later on I went ahead & asked him to open the pressie that Hui Li gift wrapped & I swear it's probably the most unusual & weirdest thing I gave a friend as a b'day pressie so far . Reason why I gave him 2 pressies is bcos' I realised that I didn't gave him anything last year so the 2nd gift was to compensate for last year & Dan's reaction was so strange when he opened & saw it . Then again he's damn smart lah ! He managed to guess that it's something that's cow related which was a erm cow head massage stick HAHAHA

I told him that I have 1 also but it's not a cow head but instead it's a strawberry massage stick hee . I figured that would be useful for him :)

But around this time , I was feeling a bit better & it was almost lunch time . Cos of the fact that I was still feeling all blah & etc , Dan suggested I better have something light or else I would really faint so we walked a distance away from his workplace to have some lunch before we walked somemore to the place where his car was parked & that was quite far lah but was manageable.

Still I appericate that he took the time off work to do all these cos I know for a fact that for the past few weeks he has been so super busy with his work + with him being in charge of all the preparations for their US trip which's why I didn't bugged him as much for the few days or so but it's cool as always to catch up with him even though eariler I was a bit late for school .

Did I mentioned ? I LOVE to sit in his car , it's damn shiok . Even Hui Li said the same thing too & it's real comfy & roomy & I definitely would love to catch up with him again once he returns back home & I was just joking about the whole pressie issue which was something I wrote in a card for Electrico in that I passed that to him eariler as a bon voyage card for them . Hope everyone managed to read it :) & nah they don't need to get me anything while they're there . Just make sure they come back safely in 1 piece ! & oh Dan , get well soon ! Wouldn't be nice for you to fall sick again in your maiden trip to US !

-------------------+++-------------------


So after I met up with my bro , after school ended for me which I must add it ended late , I quickly rushed back home to put down my things cos at the last min I decided that I'm going for Lunarin's acoustic gig . I sorta hinted to Tim yesterday when I SMS'd him that I might or might not be going for it.

& eventually it became a 1 man show for me simply bcos' whoever I asked , were not free be it they got plans already lined up , can't make it cos of work , sick & etc . I wanted to bring Hui Li along with me but she chickened out at the end cos she said that she had a lack of sleep with her waking up in the wee hours of the morning to watch football so ok lor I go on my own . It's not like this's the 1st time I went to watch a gig or anything.

& unlike last Fri when I went to NUS's UCC , this time I wasn't so lost as to how I make my way there . I reached UCC about 6.50pm or so but cos the bus stop I alighted was a fair distance away , I had to do a bit of walking .

Once I entered UCC , I actually saw Linda & the guys eating at the cafe but for some reason I didn't went up to say hi to them yet but decided to do a bit of snooping around UCC cos last Fri , I didn't had the chance to walk around the place.

Tim SMS'd me & asked whether would I be coming & I cheekily told him that I was already somewhere in UCC & that I would find him & the rest later on when they will perform a short yet sweet acoustic set consisting of 4 new tracks.

So about 7.25pm or so , I went to the Theatre Foyer where Linda , ET & Y were sitted on the chairs with Linda & Y holding 2 acoustic guitars while ET backed Linda up .Cos eariler the pain came back so I sat down for a while but I didn't when Lunarin started performing .

I did a quick head count as to how many people showed up for their performance . Er... less than 30 I think , including the people in the cafe :S but I suppose it was better than nothing.Besides I was glad that I went for this at the last minute or else I would have missed out in hearing their new tracks . Somemore it's acoustic to boot !

Unlike other gigs which I attended of theirs , this gig which took place eariler was pretty interesting in that Linda was telling the audience as to why & the purpose of the lyrics that're found in their new songs . It was refreshing for a change with her giving ancedotes & snippets here & there. I liked what she wore just now , real stripe-y !

The acoustic set was about 25 mins or so , they did 4 songs which definitely would be in the lineup in their upcoming 2nd album namely Ghost , Midas , 22 & Corallinne. I heard Midas before which was done in last Dec's LIME Sonic Bang but definitely not acoustic .

Was awesome hearing the acoustic version of Midas . The other 3 songs I haven't heard it before obviously but it's nice also with ET backing Linda up with his vocals . But it was a moment for me to go hmmm cos I thought Y does backing vocals too but eariler he didn't sang leh just played the guitar with Linda.

Concept of Corallinne is interesting to say the least . It was quite cheem lah when Linda told everyone about it but it's whether you get it or not.

So after the gig wrapped up , I was walking to the direction where the toilet was when Linda & ET saw me & said hi & of course definitely was nice to see everyone again & oh oh not to mention Linda's cousin TingRen who's currently studying in NUS.

Don't know why but initally I thought she was Chris OOPS but sala on my part , I think I didn't recongised her cos she was wearing glasses haha

After hanging out for a while , everyone went to the car park to pack the gear into Linda's car boot . For once gear was minimal & I didn't need to hold onto their gear & oh god eariler was so funny !

Initally I thought ET drove today but only Linda did so at the back , 4 of us TingRen , Tim , Y & me were sitted at the back of Linda's car while ET sat in front cos he commented that he's the fattest among the group haha

& what happened ? Linda started to blast some loud music & ET , Linda & Y were doing some strange moves which TingRen & I found to be distributing haha . I didn't know the artiste playing on Linda's stereo til Y told me it was Lacuna Coil ! & just like before , I only heard the name before but music wise , zlich but eariler on what I heard , they sound pretty good.

Linda let me & TingRen alight at Clementi MRT station cos the rest wanted to go & drink wine & somemore TingRen & I have school tomorrow so better not & then we took the bus back home while talking somemore on the bus before traded handphone no.s with each other after calling it a day.

Today was fun despite being a Thurs , it feels more like a Fri instead if you ask me . Hopefully when Dan comes back , he will narrate whatever adventures or misadventures (will expect more of this rather than adventures haha) that took place in US but til that happens , I will have to wait til I see him next & oh not to mention the next Lunarin gig too !

Who knows maybe next month Dan & I would be going to see Rivermaya in action once again & I would ask Dan to introduce the guys to me , especially Japs . That would be really nice & fanastic to catch Rivermaya performing again as they're 1 heck of a great live band & yup this time it's not just about You'll Be Safe Here that I know of them only . Bali Song , 214 , 241 anyone?

++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter