Saturday, November 04, 2006

Dec looks set to be a month where I will be attending a bumper crop of gigs & not to mention it's not just by any ordinary acts , it's the best of the best of local music acts .

I'm excited that I'm gonna see Astreal , The Great Spy Experiment live for the 1st time . I'm gonna see both acts + Electrico do their thing on 2nd Dec , Sat at the S'pore Science Centre at the 8pm timeslot.How long each of their set's I have no idea but I bet it's gonna be great !

I love Astreal & Great Spy's music so when I found out that all of them will be performing on that day , I was ecastic nonetheless especially since I haven't seen both acts aside from Electrico perform so bring on 2nd Dec .

What else ? Ah yes the LIME Sonic Bang in which I will be going for both days too . I'm gonna catch Lunarin , Astreal , Electrico & many more local acts performing on both days in which the event will be located at *scape Field which's behind Cathay Cineleisure Orchard.

Lunarin's unofficial roadie Tim told me that they will be performing new material on that day & besides I heard that their live sets are rocking so I'm definitely looking forward to it . It doesn't mean that Lunarin are not good with acoustic sets . Rather they shine in such gigs too.

& this's another 1st for me in that I'm gonna see local songbird Corrinne May perform for the 1st time which's a big YAY cos last year when she came back to S'pore as she's now based in LA , USA , I wanted to go for her gig that was held at the Esplanade but her gig was sold out . Even Dan wanted to go but he couldn't get tickets .

But yeah man yesterday I saw in the papers that she's coming back next month to perform on 16th Dec , Sat at the Esplanade Concert Hall . Her gig's titled Christimas With Corrinne May & her brand new 3rd CD's out right now called The Gift which contains 2 original songs & covers of 9 Christmas carols too . I heard 2 tracks on The Gift via her MySpace & I love them.

If you like Vanessa Carlton's style of music , you will bound to like Corrinne . If not , even better & eariler I went to Raffles City's Sistic outlet to buy my tickets which's priced either at S$50 or S$70 , including S$2 sistic fee & guess what ?

Almost all 1,600 seats are all sold out ! I wanted to buy the S$70 ones but only 1 was left ! & for the S$50 seats , probably about less than 100 or so were left ! Yeah that's how big & popular Corrinne's but regardless of anything , I bought a pair of S$50 tickets cos my aunt might be tagging along with me on that day . If not , then she will pass the ticket to Hui Li .

So good man Hui Li doesn't need to pay if my aunt's unavailable on that day but that's ok , after all Hui Li loves Corrinne May's music too .

Thankfully I decided to go & buy the tickets before it's too late cos I don't know when's the next time Corrinne will be coming back to S'pore to do her next show so yup I'm looking forward to seeing her perform big time !

As for Electrico , the last gig I went was the Waterfest but after that I had to put everything on hold cos of exams & now but now that I'm on holidays I'm going for their gigs that will be taking place in Dec :)

They wouldn't be doing any gigs in Nov cos of Dave as he's busy with the musical Little Shop Of Horrors which stars the Dim Sum Dollies as well as Hossan Leong & Dave's gonna be the voice of the evil man eating & blood sucking alien plant Audrey II haha .

But overall , SWEET , Dec's gonna be a powerpack month full of gigs to attend & PARTY so what more or less could I ask for ?


++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter