Saturday, May 05, 2007

Ok so yesterday Jiha or no 1 wasn't able to accompany me to go catch Another Sunday Afternoon's performance outside of Far East where it's behind 7-11 . They together with 3 other local acts such as Zero Sequence , performed as part of an event called Street Clap.

But last min I was accompanied by someone . While having dinner at Shaw Centre , I received a call from Thomas asking me whether am I gonna watch ASA since I haven't seen them performed yet & then he said he will be coming down or should I say rushing down from home to watch them again since last Fri , he already caught ASA & Allura performed at Home Club .

To me , I think Thomas's a good photographer & an even bigger local music supporter . If you put his 'acheivements' & compared it with mine , I'm just a small fry.

So after dinner , I walked back to Far East & Zero Sequence was performing . I only watched a bit as they were 1/2 way though their set & I have to say they're not bad .

I spotted S'pore Idol 2 finalist Paul Twohill & S'pore Idol 1 finalist Maia Lee was hosting Street Clap & she's so petite ! I seen Paul a couple of times in person , I think the last time I saw him was last Dec , at LIME Sonic Bang.

ASA was supposed to perform at 8.30pm as what Caleb told me but they didn't took the stage til 8.50pm or so . Concidentally they were the last band to perform yesterday night . I guess Street Clap was saving the best for last ? haha

Around this time , Thomas came by . I don't know where he came from haha he just popped outta nowhere . I told him I was standing near the sound system . He thought I was near where the amps were .

Before that I tried in vain to listen to 987FM cos usually every Fri from 8-10pm they will broadcast the 987FM Top20 countdown & aww The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus's Face Down are not at No.1 anymore!

If they were they would have been No.1 for 1 month ! I don't know who's the new No.1 yet but I do know that SkiVe's The Same Old Sky made its debut at No.20 sweet !

Maybe I check them out next Fri night at Home Club since I haven't seen them perform yet . They said that if I were to come , they will dedicate/play Lost Again just for me haha!

Anyway ASA were the last band to perform & 1st thing that came to my mind when I saw Caleb onstage ? Why's he wearing long sleeve ??

ASA are a trio , with Caleb on guitars/vocals , Elf on bass & Zhi Wei on drums . Their set lasted about 30 mins or so . The sound system was pretty bad some parts couldn't really hear Caleb + the crowd wasn't happening . I guess it's like that in an outdoor gig & during their set Thomas was taking pictures of ASA.

But still I enjoyed their performance & didn't know that Caleb has a lot of fans who're mostly girls haha & I like the way he plays his guitar . Quite unique if you ask me & no I'm not sucking up just bcos I know him . You get the real deal from me.

After their set was done , Thomas & I stayed behind to talk to ASA while they were at the midst of packing up cos whether I like it or not , I have to go up & say hi to Caleb haha

Finally Caleb & I met each other face to face & he's even taller than I imagine , not to mention taller than me too ! So this means that I have to look up to him like iterally haha & he ranks quite high in the looks department you know haha .

Caleb if you're reading this , you owe me a coffee/tea or 2 hor haha

I asked Caleb why was he wearing a long sleeve jacket & it's bcos he wants to conceal the T shirt design that he was wearing underneath his jacket & it's a weird cat that was supposedly drowned in a cup with the whole X.X on it haha & who was the culprit who got him this ? None other than Dan -_- . Why am I not surprised ?

I didn't saw Dan nor Jacq yesterday cos of his condition . Hopefully when he made a full recovery I go gatecrash his house if he don't mind.

Managed to talk to bassist Elf too & he's a nice chap too & surprisely he knows Dan too cos the local music scene's small & Elf also knows that I'm a 'big' Electrico fan . I seriously wonder what on earth Dan has been telling Elf & Caleb about me , hopefully nothing negative or else I will come after him , nah I wouldn't I'm too nice...NOT

If I didn't asked Elf what's his job profession , I wouldn't have guessed it at all judging from his get up & not to mention piercings . Looks really can be deceiving & to think I initally find it hard to put Caleb & his job profession together . Elf's on the extreme side haha .

Didn't managed to talk to drummer Zhi Wei hopefully next time!

I remembered when I got back home after all this , my mum shot me a dirty look (once again) when she asked me why am I mixing with this group of people cos I know that she doesn't have a good impression on 'rock stars' but at the end of the day they're just normal people like you & me & these people hold reputable jobs , they're not like loan sharks/drug addicts ya'll know.

Then again she can't choose/restrict who I mix with too . I suppose this's what you get when I behave like a 10 year old kid but my mentality/thinking is somewhat of a 30 year old adult which's why I have trouble befriending/knowing people cos sometimes my thoughts can be quite cheem & also just for the record I'm not close to my Uni classmates.

But with that said I take full responsiblity on this issue cos my mum's worried who I mix with since she knows the people that I'm close to they're people whom I know outside the Uni circuit so I understand where she's coming from.

If you ask me it's better than not having any friends & I can honestly say that I have met some of the nicest people ever since I started to dab in the local music scene & it has been a journey & somewhat life changing . & they have treated me with kindness/warmth/love & also like me for who I'm & not what I'm which's great !

& speaking about gigs & all , cos of the fact that I'm having a long break , I will foresee that I will attending more local gigs in time to come . In fact if I'm game enough I might be attending 2 more in the next 2 weeks to come.

& oh before I forget , a big big big happy b'day to Des , the coolest bassist around for Electrico/Phorous/Typewriter & to his twin brother Edmond too :) & oops I thought today is the twins's b'days but it's not . It was yesterday but hey better late than never eh

++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter