Sunday, September 03, 2006

Gosh I don't know what to say for today's experience but it's nothing but brillant to the max even though initally the experience was really ugly !

For starters I thought the Waterfest will be held at Kallang Riverside Park but it's NOT , apparently it's held at Kallang Basin ! So you can imagine the mayhem man . I was walking like an idiot from Lavender MRT all the way to Kallang Riverside Park . The gig supposedly start at 5.30pm or so I thought later on.

So around 5.25pm or something , I hailed a cab after being so fed up . After I hailed 1 , the poor cab driver also had a rather tough time finding the actual venue to the Waterfest . Eventually I landed up Kallang Basin with the driver's great intution so many thanks to him.

I reached Kallang Basin at around 5.50pm or so , assuming that Electrico already finished their gig but thank goodness NO ! I spotted Leonard & Elsa while I was walking towards the venue .

I asked Leonard whether have they played or not but thank god they haven't cos of some problems I think . Ronin was scheduled to perform 1st before Electrico took the stage.Around this time , I heaved a HUGE sigh of relief.

Ronin came on stage around 6.10pm++ , they did 4 songs & I must admit was the 1st time I sorta saw them performed even though there was techincally no crowd to speak of as people were concentrating more on the bicycle stunts performance going at the back of me.

Ronin performed as usual & honestly they were not bad even though I can't really remember the titles of the songs they did -.- . I only can remember Generation but still good job.

Was hoping that Serene would joined me but alas she didn't tagged along as she was meeting her friends in Orchard :(

After Ronin's set was done , Electrico came on stage , prepared & tune their instruments etc . They started to perform at 6.30pm++ & mind you initally I thought they were supposed to perform at 5.30pm but delayed til so late but ah well doesn't matter , what matters was that I was there to watch them performed haha as techincally this's the 'last' gig that I'm attending before putting everything on hold to focus on my studies & exams.

So anyway like I was saying , they came on stage & kicked start with Walk which was excellent . Followed by Electricorp. & Only Where I'm Going.

I took a pool table chair & just sat at 1 corner beside a row of tents & just watched them performed & sturt their stuff & 1 of the most embarassing incidents happened to me.

While they were performing Electricorp. , in the middle of the song where they were performing the 2nd verse , the part where Dave was going 'you got sunshine in your shoes..' , I was looking at Daniel on stage when he was playing his lead guitar besides Dave & then suddenly he looked at me straight in the face for a few mins!

What happened was that he was SMILING & STARING at me for a while & I think he was calling my name on stage ! He caught me red handed sorta but yet I smiled back at him HAHAHA . My expression was so funny when I did that but still I was downright embarassed & I wanted the ground to swallow me when that happened & when that happened , Dan hasn't jumped around on stage just as yet.

But still , on hold I thought that incident was cute . Heh at least he knows that I'm around watching them even though by right I was late !

So now I guess whenever I listen to Electricorp. , I will never forget this incident then ahahaha

& oh I didn't mentioned this during the past gig reviews I did up but I loved the part where they did the guitar/keyboards solo in the middle of the song .

Especially when it's done live , Dan will be doing some weird actions & expressions while playing his lead guitar & I don't know , it just looks really sexy to me . Er.. I mean the music not him haha & the last part of Electricorp. when it's done live , it's freakin awesome . Dave changed the lyrics & just go nuts in a good way !

After they did Only Where I'm Going , around this time , 1 of the strings of Dave's guitar broke & here's the really lame part . Dave asked Des to tell a joke or 2 to buy some time for Dave as he went to change to another guitar . Des was telling the 'crowd' that the band was glad that people came & that the venue's very outta the way -.-

Also something about after the gig finish , they're gonna catch a movie & stuff -.- . I was er...... & -.- big time but still good try Des haha even though that kinda fell flat.

After Dave changed his guitar , they did Love In New Wave followed by Teenage Queen . I was like wheeeeeeeee when they did that cos I L.O.V.E the song to the max ! & around this time , cos the bicycle stunt competition just ended , people were walking towards the place where they were performing.

Some chose to stay but most of them left . Ah well... & around this time Dave was saying on stage that it's his birthday today ! Awww happy birthday to DJ Hook !

They closed their set with Studman & yeah the gig's short , it's only about 1/2 hour but still good show they did , the sound quality's great .

Songlist :
1) Walk
2) Electricorp.
3) Only Where I'm Going
4) Love In New Wave
5) Teenage Queen (yeah !)
6) Studman

In general there was no 'crowd' to speak of so in a way I can say that they were playing a show just for me hee hee or so I think lah.

So after their set finished around 7pm++ , before I went up to them , I bought a bottle of mineral water at the tent kiosks beside me . Cost me 2 bucks for a bottle.

Amanda came 1st & I said hi to her , she looked lovely as usual even though she was dressed really casually. I talked to her a while before she went back on stage to collect her keyboards & packed them up.

Dan came on later to talk to me , saying that it was so nice to see me again & that he was glad that I came for it despite the fact that I was 'late' & that the 'crowd' wasn't happening.He left a while to bring back the equipment into the van that they rented.

Dave came to the direction where I was & I said happy birthday to him as today's his birthday ! I gave him a hug as his birthday pressie haha even though I wanted to buy a cream pie & throw it in his face hahaha . Nah just joking I wouldn't do that , honest !

& then Dave was carrying a pair of flip flops on his right hand even though he was wearing shoes . I was asking him why cos yesterday for his early birthday celebrations , he drank waaay too much & had a really really bad nasty hangover today ouch so that's the purpose of him bringing the flip flops.

But still I don't see the logic to this leh . Maybe it's just me but oh well...

Around this time , was asking the guys to help in somemore favours & even though the papers that I brought was smudged by water on the tables , at least the final products it turned out great . Many thanks to them !

After Dave left to talk to some magazine writers at the side of the tent , I went to talk to Des & he was glad that I came for it too . I asked him how was yesterday's gigs & all & was wondering did they started late also for yesterday's Waterfest & he said yes so phew thankfully.

DIdn't really talked to Will that much but then around this time , Dan came back & we talked somemore . He was ordering more cups of beer from the seller & my eyes were like O.O when I saw how many cups he ordered & was drinking haha . He was going on that he drunk like 4-5 cups today -.- . God he really can drink !

Dave was asking me where Hui Li was & stuff cos last time I told him about her but I promised him that the next gig I go , I will drag her along as obviously Dave wanted to see how she looks like so yup a promise's a promise !

I was pointing to Dave on a cup of beer on the table in which the cleaner was about to throw it away . He took it & was asking me whether I want to drink it . I said noooo as I can't drink . Dave & Dan started to laugh at me -.- but that's ok , who says that you can't have fun , good clean fun that's.

Was talking to Dan about stuff in general like what's going on in my Uni life & that I absolutely hate English at the moment as it's so difficult & that eariler told the rest that today's gig's unofficially the last gig I'm going for . I told them my reasons that I stated above & they were really understanding but of course wouldn't be the last time I'm seeing them !

Dan said that the more I hate a subject , the more likely I would fail for it . He was telling me something interesting when he was in Uni . He hated a particular module so much so that during the 2 years he did that module , he got D's for it so I guess from what he said , he just told me to find some ways or another to try to like the subject that I hate or else I will fail big time & that not to follow in his footsteps as hate's a vicious cycle which's true.

I appericate all the advice & great tips he gave me all this time & yeah I will definitely take that advice from him even though honestly sometimes I don't listen to him haha but nah I'm just joking , I looked up to him as an older brother really.Cos he has been done there & done that so he understands what I'm going though now awww

Was telling him also that my parents are not around & that they wouldn't be back til tomorrow & that cos of the fact that they're not here , that I can go for the gig mwahaha so whether I went for it or not , my mum can't stop me from going ehehe

Then was also quizzing on him something else that happened to him in Uni which was really funny . Something really unfortunate but yet lame that took place during his Uni holidays ..

We were also going on something about Bon Jovi which was pretty funny & he started to sing Keane's Somwhere Only We Know which was playing at the speakers at the back & er...sorry dude it sounded awful ahaha . Eariler both of us were singing Bon Jovi's Always & I'll Be There For You haha . It was so funny , should go for karaoke sessions with him sometime ehehe

I was asking him about yesterday's gigs especially the Home Team Academy in which they only did 2 songs . They did Love In New Wave & I Want You & the sound was quite bad but oh well take $ & run again situation.

& yup he's going for reservist soon ahahaha , was mocking at him in that he has to cut his hair tomorrow before he's going to be tortured . I was saying that he should shave his head but nope he will just cut & was going on in that he should cut the triangle style he had way back in 2004 in the LIME photo spread hahaha

Was wondering whether can he bring his handphone in or not cos today in the papers there was an article about phones being brought into the army for reverist & phones with camera , video recording functions are not allowed.

So he bought a really ayam brand 2nd hand phone with no camera , video functions yesterday cos the phone which he has currently has camera & all , suck big time . Dude you should change your phone lah ! Or else be like Dave , just smashed the floor on the ground haha

But yeah he's gonna bring that 2nd hand phone in the army & was going on that he escaped the whole going to reservist thing for quite a few years before he was 'caught' in 2003 . Poor thing ,suddenly the army remembered him or something but yeah he went on & said that reservist suck & a big waste of his time haha.

Glad that he's gonna bring a phone & smuggled it in as I need to keep him updated on something while he's being suffered in reverist for nothing in the weeks to come heh heh

Before that , he was asking me whether would they like to send me off to the nearest MRT station as I don't have any transport back cos I came by cab so I was like cool & accepted the offer as it's not often that I travelled with everyone in Electrico which was great.

& while I was talking to him even though he did an individual interview with some magazine writers eariler . He told me that they were from hot magazine . Not very sure if it's hot or H.O.T as the former's celeb mag while H.O.T's a car racer magazine but I think it should be hot . I bought the mag & it's really good . Cost S$3.50 for 2 weeks but chock full of the latest celeb gossips !

The rest of them were interviewed separately . Will wasn't cos I think he disappeared or something -.- so the writers had to probably email them the questions they wanted to ask Will.

We talked somemore nonsense as well & also I was asking him about whether got any upcoming gigs or not . He said yes & it's always nice to have 1st hand info on stuff ahaha but nope not going to say the who's & the what's cos people will eventually know about it in due time.

So after all this , everyone left . Everyone except Dave , Dan & me went to the car park already where the van they rented was being parked there , with all their equipment & instruments on tow .

Was walking with Dan to the car park as I was asking him somemore stuff on what happened eariler during the interview . Pretty interesting things he said .

When we reached the van , Dave sat in the front while me & Dan had to sit at the back . He was so nice , let me sit the seat while he sat on the floor while being squashed with Des & Amanda at the back haha & mind you he was holding a cup of beer still at this time -.- .

They wanted to fetch me to City Hall MRT station 1st so off we go . Dave was fiddling with a microphone in front of the van , the type that tour guides use in tour buses . & everyone at the back around this time started to joke & talk nonsense.

& the funny part happened . Dave was putting a tour guide accent & was going on 1stly who hasn't been to S'pore yet & everyone started to rise their hands & mayhem was happening hahaha & when the van reached the highway , Dave was going on something that the highway collapsed 3 years ago & stuff -.-

Dan was asking Dave where the name of the highway came from & everyone started to laugh big time.Cos everyone wanted to go to different places so around this time Will started to suggest why not head back to Snakeweed studios 1st to put all the equipment down.

& then suddenly the microphone that Dave was holding , started to sound weird in that it echos when he talked into it hahaha . Dan made a joke in that it's Astreal coming outta the microphone lmao.

After Will suggested , I said I wanted to follow the guys back to Snakeweed but they were like nooo cos around this time the van reached my destination but ah well that's ok . & before I got out of the party , everyone said their goodbyes' to me which was really sweet aww I felt so loved suddenly haha

& then Dave was so terrible , the place where I was alighted , was full of people walking outta the MRT station , he was using the tour guide microphone & shouting what's up people . Hilarious man haha & everyone was giving that face kinda expression.

& when I boarded the MRT , I SMS'd everyone thanking them & that I will see everyone soon til my exams & tests & 1st semester's over in late Oct . Seriously they're very down to earth & friendly & lovely down to the very last min.

Overall , what a great & wonderful time I had even though I wouldn't be attending any of their gigs at any moment but still , a priceless experience that I had today even though initally it sucked but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise & it was definitely nice of them to made my experience & 'misadventure' turned out to be so nice & rewarding & to think initally I didn't want to go for the gig !

& yes the next gig that I will be going for , I will drag Hui Li along with me cos I already promised Dave & yup a promise's a promise .

& I thought I had a great time at the ndp eve countdown gig . This's 1 notch higher & better , for sure.








++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter