Saturday, March 03, 2007

Wow oh wow , I had a HUGE blast eariler at Electrico's Live In New Wave which was their maiden concert & also their last gig before they're going to embark on their US tour in a few weeks's time & when they return back , they will be going on an indefinite break which will last from 6 months to a year . ie. they wouldn't be back in the limelight til late March 2008.

Yesterday supposed to have lessons til only 12 noon . But cos of a make up Maths lesson , I only finished school at 4pm instead of 4.30pm . Didn't helped matters that it was pouring like crazy when I made my way back home to put down my things , have a quick shower before going out again but at least after all that has happened , the rain thankfully subsided.

You would have thought , oh I only went to the concert with Hui Li ? well you're wrong ! In fact 3 of my friends Dila , Su-Hanna , Jiha & my classmate Si Yu tagged along with me . Si Yu bought his ticket on Mon while for my friends ? I bought for them using part of my ang pow $ cos I thought since Live would be their maiden concert & also their last gig , so why not ? Besides I know for a fact that Dila & Su haven't seen them performed live just as yet so yup.

My dad was kind enough to fetch me & Hui Li to Clementi MRT station & yup I finally decided to wore that red outfit I specially picked out a few months ago after all . Both of us reached Clementi around 6pm or so . Cos I wouldn't meet the other 4 til about 6.30pm+ at the control station , we went to McDonalds to have a quick bite or 2.

Surprisely , after we had some chow , by the time we made our way to the station , the 1st person I saw was Jiha . Si Yu came soon after & followed by Dila . Wasn't able to meet up with Su as she was late so everyone except her walked to the temporary bus terminal to take either 96 or 96A to NUS.

Hui Li & Jiha striked a conversation from the station to the bus terminal which was cool . It was still drizzling but it was alright . Seemed like I was the only idiot who was carrying an umbrella just now haha while me & Dila had some well deserved serious catch up which was good I say.

By the time 96 came , everyone boarded the bus & even with the bus guide that I brought along with me , I still had to go with my gut feeling & figure roughly which bus stop to alight at since I myself have never been inside UCC but at least we managed to alight at the right stop after all !

From there , we had to walk a fair bit which was ok . I only passed by UCC a couple of times but I never stepped inside the place but wow , when I entered , the place was so majestic & very grand looking . Awesome stuff .

By the time we reached UCC , it was almost close to 7.25pm . Su still haven't came yet so I told the rest to go inside the UCC hall & asked Dila to go & call her in vain that she would reach the venue real soon . Then again for such events , they usually don't start on time .

Except for Hui Li , the rest would be separated once we stepped inside the hall since my tickets were standing . ie. the moshpit while the rest will be seated . I wanted to get more moshpit tickets but they were sold out already ! but at least better than nothing I guess.

The hall was very nice , a bit smaller than The Esplanade's concert hall but still it's spanking & the moshpit was way out in front of the stage & it was quite a small area surrounded with barriers , security guards & the works.I showed my tickets to the ushers & they wrapped a black band around Hui Li & my wrist for indentification purposes to show to the people in charge that we had moshpit tickets.

But after we got that done , we went to the toilet cos the concert might probably last more than 2 hours long or so .Somemore we will be standing all the way so better do that before it's too late !

& here's the part that was a bit lame or so I thought . I thought there would be a lot of people in the moshpit but surprisely , I counted eariler , there were probably less than 50 people at the area where it was being cornered . But I noticed that there were quite a number of photographers in the moshpit . But that's a whole different story later on when the actual fun begins heh heh

Si Yu who was sitted in row R together with the other 3 but just a few seats away , SMS'd me before the event commences & said that I damn shoik to be way out in front of the stage with Hui Li . Of course , I bought my tickets at the very 1st day when the tickets were released on sale . ie.22nd Dec last year.

Hui Li & I were sitted sorta on the barriers while we were waiting for the concert to start.I was looking around the hall & realised that the place wasn't fully packed at all . Gee I thought all the seats would be filled up .Ah well.

About 7.45pm or so , opening act Super Illegals came onstage to perform for the audience . Their set was probably about 30-35 mins long . They did some songs that I heard on their MySpace before which were Nothing To Say , Letters To God . They're a local band yes & they did a great job .

I think they can definitely go far but I thought the crowd wasn't really feeling their music leh . What a pity cos I think Super Illegals's music's cool to say the least.

They finished their set about 8.10pm & the fun was about to start when Electrico takes the stage in a matter of mins & there was a short intermission when people who were late , started to come in & I think Su was 1 of them haha , just joking lah.

The lights were dimmed & the real fun was about to start . Everyone in the band came out 1 by 1 & oh god , when Daniel came onstage , my 1st reaction? What the hell's going on with his hair ?! & was he wearing EYELINER ?! :O

Omg , his hairstyle eariler was something like he just got up from bed that kinda hairstyle HAHAHA & wah lau , I thought that time I talked to him , he said that if he were to wear eyeliner , he would look weird ?

I saw that for myself eariler when he put on eyeliner & yes sorry bro but I have to say that eyeliner doesn't looked good for you BIG TIME .

Aiyoh & I thought the eyeshadow that I wore eariler looked bad on me . Not say looked bad lah but I thought I put too much of it just now & no I wouldn't be caught dead wearing eyeliner as I don't think it will looked good on me .

So it was like when everyone 1st came onstage , everyone in the moshpit who were initally seated in the barriers , went way out in front where the stage was . Dan saw me & Hui Li & we said hi to each other before their concert was about to kick off. Des also saw me too & Hui Li had the honour of standing in front of Dave during the almost 2 hours performance that they put up whee

Nice hair that Des had , he had a mini mohawk which was pretty cute . Loved the outfit that Amanda wore , she looked super hot & gorgeous & I'm sure all of Amanda's fans will agree with me . William's hair was just well messy & quite long.

Oh yes , here's the part where the real fun started ! Electrico kicked off their extensive long set with Studman which's like wow in that they usually don't kick things off with Studman , it's usually something else but ahh what a good song to set off the mood for the night & Dave was going on that if you want to jump over the barrier & get into the moshpit in order to rock out , go for it & that was when all hell break loose in a way cos quite a lot of people did that once Dave gave the go ahead haha

After Studman , it was Only Where I'm Going , followed by another song that I haven't heard it being done live for a very long time which was The Story Of Slantboy . Essentially , their concert featured a mix of songs from their debut & 2nd album so it was a great mix of things with a few covers thrown in for good measures.

Everyone in the moshpit was taking lots & lots of pics of the guys & girl , Hui Li included . I didn't took any pics cos my phone's camera's crap so I let Hui Li do the job.

After that , it was 1 of my fave songs from them which was Teenage Queen & the song that started it all . ie. I Want You which was awesome . The numerous solo's that everyone did , all were great as shown in Teenage Queen & yes this time , the sound system was slammin' . Leonard was there to man the sound so definitely things wouldn't go wrong when he's around. I saw him eariler where the sound system was & he's looking fine these days .

Following that , they did a medley of covers of sorts in the form of Tainted Love & I Love Rock N Roll . They did a pretty good redition of the 2 songs cos I mean I heard other artistes covering these so nice one.

I know I commented about Dan's hair eariler & that I felt it was bad on all levels but on hindside I think no lah . His fringe was alright but it's the back & also the side/s of his hair that sorta went loose & wild so eariler when I was watching them rocking out onstage & when I looked at Dan's direction , I don't know whether to snigger at him or in the case adopt the ' I don't know this person' that kinda attitute . But most of the time , it's me sniggering at him & trying my best to control my giggles haha but nah I still love him no matter what . Not to mention no matter what kinda funny/weird/funky hairstyle he has . Well I have to , I got no choice since he's my bro haha

Anyway enough of the hair business for a while . After the medley , they revert back to their own stuff in the form of Walk where I loved Amanda's touch on the keyboards especially the intro , loved it big time . It was followed by a song from their debut , a song that I think I never heard them performed live at all & I remembered when I 1st heard it , I hated that song .

What was the song in mind ? It was Feed The Cats . Initally I hated it cos it sounded weird , with the song , the title & all but now I grew to love it . I don't know why I made such a big fuss back then about this song but ahh they did a great rocking job playing that number live eariler & come to think about it , was glad that they did that song live & during in between while they drank water & talked to the audience & all , Dan & Dave had to keep switching guitars.

For Dan it was more often than Dave . I think Dan brought like 3 guitars with him eariler while Dave only made do with 2 , with another acoustic guitar.

Feed The Cats set the mood for the next few songs . ie. their slow & ballad-y stuff . But before that , it was Dan's turn to do his guitar solo which was fanastic & when he was done with it , it was followed by a song that I myself never heard them done live before or probably seldom aka the campfire song haha & no I didn't nicknamed the next song that they did the campfire song . Dan did , not me !

What was it ? It was All The World & it featured Rivermaya but obviously Rivermaya weren't present eariler so Will filled in the part where Rico originally sang . They took out chairs & both Dave & Will were seated with William playing the acoustic guitar . Dave was just sitting there singing away but before that , Dave sat onstage near us & shook hands with everyone .

I tell you , William's a genius man . Not only he can play drums , he also play bass , guitar & somemore instruments . He's not human at all haha

But I loved it when they did All The World live & it was fanastic seeing Dave singing it in a rather raw acoustic manner which was backed up by of course Will who was playing the acoustic guitar , also accompanying William was Daniel too.Followed by another slow song which was Dila's fave aka Little Girl but ahh this time , the chairs were taken off the stage & Dave was playing his electric guitar & he was backed up by the rest.

It was followed by another cover that they did but unfortunately this time , I didn't managed to catch the title of the song they covered but I do know it's a rather old number from Depeche Mode . The song strangely sounded familiar but I couldn't put a finger as to where I heard it before (or so I think) . Hmm... I probably will know in due time when I hopefully find the answer for myself in the papers. {found out that the title of the Depeche Mode's no. is called Behind The Wheel}

After Behind The Wheel , it was another song that I haven't heard it being done live for a very long time ie. Much More Inside & before they started playing it , Dave was doing some cheesy words gestures of sorts & ask the audience to mimic him . Er..ok . Was cheesy yes but thankfully it only last for a while & after Much More Inside , it was time for each member to showcase their solo parts .

It was the case of Dave introducing who's who in the band & he/she started to play his/her solo part which was NICE . Dave obviously went 1st , followed by Dan , Amanda , Des & last but not least Will.

Hello was played next & then their 2nd single from their debut which I'm sure everyone knows the title ie. Runaway . It was strange but they seemed to stop doing Stay Away live , I don't know why . They didn't do that song for a while already . Kinda missed it being done live.

& then it was Electricorp. & I always say this but it's my fave song being done live because of the solo's in between the song & also Dave always has a tendency to change the lyrics prior to the ending of Electricorp. .

Dan & Des did their fair share of jumping onstage that's for sure especially for Electricorp. . Was a bit worried for Dan cos of the numerous wires below his feet but luckily nothing went bad . Dave also jumped quite a lot too .

Fever Fly swinged into action after Electricorp. was wrapped up . I know Hui Li don't really like that song but I really like it cos of the edgy guitar riffs in it cos of Dan . You should have seen him playing the guitar solo of Fever Fly , it was so spanking & they closed their concert (or so it seems) with a rocked out version of I See The Light.

Come to think about it , the songs that they did from their debut , I can definitely tell the band made some rearrangements to them especially for I See The Light which was great.

After everyone left the stage , the crowd started to chant 1 more & encore . I think that lasted for a while before Electrico came back onstage to do 2 more songs in the form of Love In New Wave & what better way to close their set prim & proper with We're Not Made In The USA which's what they usually closed their set with .

Dan joked a while back on 987 that they should changed the song title to We're Not Played In The USA haha cos they obviously haven't played in the USA yet . Soon soon that will happened.

It was even more rowdy than before when they started to play USA . Everyone was screaming the lyrics to the song which was really shiok & people were jumping around . It felt good to soak up the atmosphere & yup like what Dave said , it's a good song to send them off in a good way once they embark on their US tour in due time.

So here's their songlist set for Live In New Wave , not including the members's solo parts :

1) Studman
2) Only Where I'm Going
3) The Story Of Slantboy
4) Teenage Queen
5) I Want You
6) I Love Rock N Roll/Tainted Love
7) Walk
8) Feed The Cats
9) All The World
10) Little Girl
11) Depeche Mode's Behind The Wheel
12) Much More Inside
13) Hello
14) Runaway
15) Electricorp.
16) Fever Fly
17) I See The Light

Encore :

18) Love In New Wave
19) We're Not Made In The USA

After the concert ended which was super fanastic , everyone started to leave the hall . Met up with Si Yu on the way while in a bid effort to try to find Su & the rest outside . Managed to spot them outside despite my efforts to reach Jiha or Dila fell flat & that was when I saw Su .

She still looked good despite not seeing her for a while cos I didn't saw her eariler obviously . I passed each of them Electrico's debut & latest album as gifts with the exception of Si Yu. Except this time , I kinda screwed up the gifts in that the album sleeves are all with Dan haha but he said that he will passed them to me after that . Besides they were planning an autograph signing session after the concert cos I mean it will be the last gig that they will be holding in S'pore so why not.

After a while , everyone in Electrico came outside of the hall & haha this time , Dan's hair was more like his usual hairstyle . I wonder what happened , was he wearing a wig or something or he just used something to strengthen his hair back ? I don't know but doesn't really matter in a way.

Before he went to the place where they lined up tables for everyone to sit down & get down to business , he saw me from afar & went up to me . I said hi & gave him a hug despite him feeling all sweaty from the after effects of him jumping up & down eariler . Eew but that's ok I can bear with that haha & he still got eyeliner on him :O

Spoke to him for a spilt sec or so cos he was rushed for time to get things autographed for their fans but not before he passed me the autographed album sleeves to complete the missing pieces to the puzzle & he gave me an autographed copy of the repackaged Hip City too . Aww thanks :)

I gave the sleeves to Dila & the rest & haha Dila & Su's reactions were so cute in that they squealed with delight when they saw that I got the sleeves autographed specially for them which saves them the trouble from queuing up eariler cos there were quite a lot of people queuing up to get Electrico to sign things , take pics & etc .

Surprisely the queue moved quite fast . Everything finished about 1 1/2 hour or so . Si Yu in a way was jealous so he went to join the queue with Hui Li accompanying him . He bought Hip City , 1 badge & the sticker . Wah lau the sticker & badges that were on sale were so ex . 1 badge cost S$2 each while the sticker cost S$1 . Somemore the CDs that were on sale ie. their debut & Hip City were going on for S$19 each.

With the exception of Dan who I met eariler , everyone saw me behind the queue which was cool . Said hi to them of course , talked to them a while thanking them for a great fanastic rocking night eariler too .& by this time , Leonard came outta the hall & everyone started to clap & cheered when he arrived with me following suit in doing the same actions too.

Hui LI & the rest was wondering how come Electrico were doing that so I explained to them on why they were doing that.

I introduced Si Yu in a way to the band & Hui Li used his phone to take pics of him with the band members . Dila , Su & Jiha didn't got their chances til later on when they were about to wrap up the autograph session & aw bless , they were so shy especially Dila & Su :) but at least they finally managed to meet everyone in person especially Dan haha & yup as usual , Dan thanked me & everyone in coming . Actually I should be the 1 doing that cos they put up such a great show that was definitely worth the wait.

Their manager Marcia was asking everyone to pack up & leave cos they had to make their way to the car park to pack up the gear before heading for a media party in a last bid of sorts to whore themselves when they're there haha . I did asked details about it from Dan & Des in which they kindly told me about it.

I took a pass eventually cos I mean sure I would love to go even though the age limit might probably be 21 & Dan told me he could sneaked my name in the guest list but Hui Li obviously be denied entry cos she's underage.

Besides both of us don't & can't drink so no point to go since there would be an endless flow of booze & would seem silly should we decide to go & while we were there , we would order water/softdrink/mocktail . Anyway bars/clubs/pubs are not my fave places to go so it was alright for me to take a pass even though this means that Dan didn't sent me & Hui Li back home eariler . He still said that he would dammit but nah I was cool about it . Anyway I did told him not to force himself to do that cos if he can't , then it's ok . At most he would have to pay for my transport back home haha in which nah I didn't asked him to do that lah , I'm not heartless ok !

Before I bid the band farewell , last round of pics were taken . Group pics to be exact . Was asking Dan whether would he return back after he & the rest pack up their gear in which he said no & would head straight to the media party but it's alright , should time permits , I probably meet up with him next week then & Hui Li wanted the sticker in which Dan said that he might pass it to me the next time I see him yay

After I bid Dan goodbye , the 6 of us walked to the bus stop & by this time , it was around 11.15pm or so . Took 183 to Clementi MRT station & before everyone left , I told them in that I was glad that they came & had a great rocking time especially for Dila & Su's case.

Both Dila & Jiha took the MRT back home while Si Yu took the bus back . Su , Hui Li & I walked to the taxi stand. Su thanked me for inviting her to the concert & she felt bad that I had to spend a lot of $ (for the tickets , the CDs & etc) for the 3 of them & she would repay me back the $ once she gets hold of her bursary.

I told her she doesn't need to do that & what matters's that she had fun.

Even though Live In New Wave's technically Electrico's last show in S'pore before they disappear from the limelight for about 6 months to a year (after they get back from their US tour ie.) , still at least I'm glad that for their maiden concert which incidentally they kicked things off with the month long NUS Arts Festival starting from 2nd- 25th March , at least they did a fanastic job to show that they mean business.

& if you want to go out with a bang , go out with a big one & after seeing their performance at their maiden concert , it reaffirms my thoughts as to why I support & love their music right from the start so thank you guys & girl for making my Fri night a memorable & great night to remember.

++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter