Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I don't know what to say but yesterday's gig was super fanastic & brillant beyond words ! I loved every single moment of it I have to add !

I took the MRT aka subway train at around 9pm . I reached City Hall interchange at 9.30pm ++ I think & I have to cut though Citylink Mall in order to make my way to The Esplanade & god I almost died there like iterally !

Cos around that time , the fireworks at the Marina Bay just concluded & streamlines of people were walking outta the mall & it was so crowded , I almost had to crawl though a wormhole & just push myself into the crowd in order to finally reach my destination.

I reached The Esplanade around 10.15pm which was like 1 hour early I must add . Hey better to be late than sorry isn't it ? I walked around the place & then reached the outdoor theatre at 10.30pm I think where local artiste Jai was performing .

Electrico weren't the only ones performing , there were a whole line of local acts that performed for the past few days there & Jai was great , saw his performance a while before he wrapped things up at 10.45pm.

Soon after most people left , I managed to get a seat at the stairs there at the 3rd row to be precised cos if I were to sit in front , I would go deaf soon after ! & for more info , I was sitted in the centre of the crowd.

I waited & waited til the clock hits 11.15pm for the guys to take centrestage . While doing that , I also spotted another local artiste in the crowd , Ronin's Levan Wee who was in front of me.

Finally the moment arrived , the guys & girl came on stage & they kicked off their gig with Walk which was superb & in a bit case of F.Y.I , the last thing I saw them performed was last Oct , at the Bar None gig with Rivermaya . & also this's the 1st Electrico gig that I went for this year that's , after a 10 months hiatus.

Yeah I know I should be shot , even the guys were surprised when I told them about it.

After Walk , they did Electricorp. which's my 2nd personal fave on the album , followed by Teenage Queen in which probably everyone know it's my personal fave so I was so happy when they did that for me (or so I think haha)

While watching them performed , it was kinda weird seeing them performed especially Daniel & I tell you the guy was great , really let loose on stage while strutting his lead guitar & just jumping pratically everywhere haha

The 1st thing that I came to my mind when he & the rest came on stage was that how come he's wearing a jacket ??? Wouldn't it be damn hot after they finished the gig ? hmm...

After that , Stay Away was played soon after Teenage Queen was done , Dan's guitar died around this time but thankfully he managed to get it fixed . The crowd doesn't seem to mind about it though.

Next was Love In New Wave in which well I totally love despite hearing it countless of times , it still managed to sound fresh with every listen . This was followed by Little Girl in which the redition they did was really emo !

& I thought the 1 on the album was emo , this was like x2 & around that time the lights were dimmed but it's cool , after that performance of Little Girl , it made me appericate the song even more .

Des was wearing the same shirt he wore for the Love In New Wave video & there was a period of time on stage he took off his glasses & I tell you he looked quite funny without his trademark LOL

So I guess what Dan said was true in that with Des's trademark , Des looks 10 years younger ! Amanda was totally gorgeous & even more lovely in person even though she was dressed in a really casual way & I adore the keyboards solos that she did , funky I say !

Will really let loose on the drums banging away like nobody's business & Dave was really funny in a good way . Told the crowd some lame jokes & someone in the crowd asked them whether can do Scar by Red Hot Chilli Peppers in which he replied he got a scar at his butt lmao

After Little Girl , they did Only Where I'm Going in which I 1st heard it among other songs at last Aug's Sound Therapy at The Esplanade in the Recital Studio . I loved it & it's rumored that it might be the 2nd single after Love In New Wave.

Plans are not confirmed yet but will post more news about this in due time.

They also did 2 songs from the 1st album which were Studman & I See The Light & man I have to tell you , they totally gave I See The Light a whole new rock treatment ! It's supposed to be a slow song but they really rocked it out & it was brillant . Was hoping that they would do Crowd Killer though but they didn't bummer ...

The gig was supposed to be a countdown party to National Day but they kinda overshot while playing I See The Light . After that was played , they did a quick countdown but it was quite stupid in my opinion cos when that was done , it was already 12.05am LOL so the purpose of the countdown is already defeated !

Followed by that they did Hip City in which it's dedicated to good 'ol S'pore . A cool song to sorta end the show & without for long , the crowd was shouting ENCORE ENCORE ENCORE

& being sporty , they went for it which I was so glad that they did . They did We're Not Made In The USA & the crowd began to really went wild including me haha . Everyone chanted We're Not Made In The USA & just to set the record straight , the song's not anti American .

The songlist that they did for the evening were as followed:

1) Walk
2) Electricorp.
3) Teenage Queen (woo so happy that they did this)
4) Stay Away
5) Love In New Wave
6) Little Girl
7) Only Where I'm Going
8) Studman
9) I See The Light
10) Hip City
11) We're Not Made In The USA (encore)

The crowd wasn't really happening to me . Serene was talking to me about this on MSN & I so agreed with her ! The left side of the crowd was so dead I thought I was attending a funeral or something -.- & was sucky that she was standing around there haha .

The right side of the crowd & also the centre were mad & insane , we kept on making so much noises til we go crazy !

So after the gig concluded at around 12.15am or so & when the crowd started to finally disperse , I hanged around the place a while cos I promised them in that I will come forward & say hi in which I did it !

Even though security was quite tight , I don't care & still made my way inside the restricted area haha

The 1st person I saw was Daniel & I was asking him where're the rest of the guys cos they were busy & in the midst of packing & loading their gear cos the organiser was chasing them to pack up the place.

He asked me to walk to the other side of the venue & wait for him there in which I did cos he had to pack the gear & all . That was when I met Serene .

She's a really nice person & the guys are mean man , called her video girl -.- cos she sorta helped out a little bit during & in the midst of the video to Love In New Wave . Not really sure what she helped out in but most probably being an extra LOL but she's cool , traded MSN contacts with her cos she's going abroad next month to further her studies.

While talking to her , the rest of the guys finally came & at last I managed to talk to Des face to face & this I have to say , he looks way better in person than in pics haha ! I can already hear Maggie going !!!

But yeah Des was really friendly & yup he finally managed to put a face behind my MySpace account after exchanging so many online messages with me . The next I talked & met a while was Amanda followed by Dave.

Dave was so cool , the 3 of them shook my right hand & Dave said some nice things to me in that he thanked me for giving the band unconditional love & support aww .

Didn't got a proper chance to say hi to Will though but there's always a next time cos they were so busy unloading & packing their gear in which I must add it's super freaking heavy & big & yes I know I still owe him booze haha *inside joke* & not to mention I didn't managed to say a proper hi to Leonard as well but I can always do that on another time..

I talked to them for a while & after which they sorta left to go to the car park to load the gear into their vehicles. Dan was still hanging around cos I talked to him a bit on some issues . He asked me how's my mum doing & I told him she's alright & etc & yeah I'm so lucky to know him & it's nice that he cares.

Before he left & made his way to the car park , he surprised me with something in which it's an autographed song list sheet of the songs that they did eariler for the gig in which I was really shocked cos I totally didn't expect it & now you understand why I managed to narrate the songs that they did in perfect order .

& awww what Dan wrote on the paper was really sweet :) I laughed when I saw Dave's autograph which has an arrow on it pointing towards the words Teenage Queen hee hee & finally managed to get back the album sleeve from him too & this time he got it autographed for me oh yeah :)

Serene also got an autographed copy of it too + the guys autographed the album sleeves for the 2 albums that they released so far in which she brought along with her .

Before Dan left , he asked me to SMS him when I get back home to let him know that I reached home safe & sound :)

Des even gave me some badges as well in which they're so frigging cool & nice ! I already had 2 before that so there.

But I can tell you it's really nice that they appericate for all the things that I have done for them , whether it's big or small.

& oh yes before I forget , I told Des that Linda said hi & wished that she could be there but she was stuck with work & yup Maggie I told him about you & that you want to say hi too :)

It's quite unfortunate in that I didn't managed to spend a little more time with them in which I was hoping for cos they had to bring back all the gear to Snakeweed studios & they have to prepare later on to warm the crowd up at the pre parade for National Day but it's ok , I can always do that another time .

& nah the guys didn't fetch me home at the end haha . I managed to get a cab home at the taxi stand . There was a long queue yes but the cabs keep on coming like 1 kind so transport back home wasn't a problem . I had to pay quite a bit for the fare but that's ok , it's not often I stayed out so late & see them performed isn't it ?

By the time I got back home , it was around 1.15am & to me it's already quite good ok ? at least I didn't broke my trust to my mum & despite her telling me to get so over obsessive & fanatic with Electrico , I know my limits now that I'm older & I doubt that I'm going to tell her properly on this.

When I got back home , I SMS'd Dan as I promised thanking him for everything that happened eariler & he SMS'd back saying that he was glad that I was there & that I loved the performance & experience a hell lot !

Overall what a great time that I had . I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world & it's definitely an experience that I will never forget.






++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter