Thursday, October 12, 2006

wooooooooo what a great time I had yesterday with the folks of Lunarin & then some . Ahhh I had so much fun , that's after they finished their acoustic gig which was madness & fanastic !

I left the house at 5.30pm , took a bus to Takashimaya where Library @ Orchard was located , 5th floor to be precise . But before I made my way there , I went to Shaw Centre to grab something to eat aka Taco Bell . Godita Supreme rocks !

By the time I finished drinking & eating , it was already 6.25pm so I hurriedly walked all the way to Taka cos now that the underground passage linking from Wisma to Taka has been sealed up for 2 years , had to walk extra fast.

Actually Lunarin was supposed to be playing at 7.30pm but I came down eariler cos I wanted to watch their sister band The Love Experiment performing their acoustic set at 7pm & I reached at around 6.50pm or so .

Before that , I went to Perlini a while , just snooping & browsing though their stuff but nothing caught my eye so didn't waste any $ there haha.

When I reached Library @ Orchard , The Love Experiment was tuning their instruments & etc & already quite a group of people were packing the place in which you're wondering where exactly in the library , it's where the cafe was situated so yup.

Around 7.05pm , their acoustic set began & just like Lunarin , both lasted 1/2 hour or so . This's gonna sound sad but I only know 1 title from their songlist aka Orbit Around Us -.- but they're cool , I liked what I heard from them which's not a bad thing.

While most people were seated on the floor , I didn't sat & can you believe it , I was standing where the reception tables were at the far end corner ?! O.O I know bad idea & it got worst when this lady brought out 3 trays of food & laid it all in front of me cos I was resting my left arm on the table !

I still can remember what were on the trays (aka 1st tray to my left , numerous mini Oreo cheesecake ! *GASP* , in the middle , numerous sandwiches with unknown filling inside them & on the right numerous mini chocolate cake !! *DOUBLE GASP*) & they wouldn't been opened til 8pm & besides the trays , on the left , were 3 of those metal kinda stuff , the ones that you usually see in caterings & all . God I don't know how to explain it , can't find the right word to use d'oh !

Was quite tempted to rip all of them from the trays & eat the yummy looking snacks but didn't eventually haha & I resisted the temptation from eating them wheeee

When I was watching The Love Experiment doing their thang on stage , I was taking a glance & quick scan in the crowd seeing whether got any familiar faces or not & ta dah I was spot on ! I saw Tim sitting on a chair with a table full of Lunarin's mechanise at the far corner & also saw Linda , ET & Y too.

After The Love Experiment's set ended , Lunarin went on stage to set up their equipment & get ready & yup this's the part where I was waiting for cos it was the 1st time seeing them performed live so was ecastic when they started to perform .

Serenaide's violin player Natalie also went on stage too to play with them on some tracks . She was sitted on the far left , besides Linda while besides Linda was ET who sat in the centre & then Y.

When all 3 came on stage , my 1st reaction was 'eh how come everyone all wearing black ? purposedly ar ? ' . My question was answered later on when ET told me that it was pure intention that everyone wears black to show that the band's united haha

Lunarin kicked off their acoustic set with Ligeia . Great choice of song to set the mood & before that I already heard Ligeia being done acoustic cos I bought Little Pieces & there was an acoustic version of Ligeia done so yeah...

Followed by Ariel & possibly my personal fave on their debut album The Chrysalis aka Dry & man I have to tell you when I 1st heard the acoustic of Dry on their MySpace & that they allowed people to download for it , I fell for it immediately haha so when Linda told me that they're gonna do Dry acoustic , I was yay-ing away.

& unlike in the album , Natalie accompanied them on violin in here & this's the part where Linda just sang , playing her guitar a bit while Y was just strumming his guitar all along while ET just erm stared at her LOL cos he's on drums mah .

Followed by Silverpiece & they closed their set with The Chrysalis in which both tracks Natalie accompanied them on violin . In fact these're the 2 tracks that she's being featured on violin in their album . Nice touch .

Songlist :

1) Ligeia
2) Ariel
3) Dry
4) Sliverpiece
5) The Chrysalis

After their set ended , while everyone made their way to the reception , I made my way to the toilet haha cos eariler I drank waay too much tea :S so I quickly dashed outta the library & that wasn't the end of today's lineup of gigs that Stomp organised .

Supposed to be only The Love Experiment & Lunarin perform acoustic sets today but last min , they slot in a rather new local band Roulette to rock the library down like iterally so when they came on stage , I was in shock cos before that both bands did acoustic sets & then suddenly rock out til like 1 kind wah lau.

Anyway after I went to the toilet , I made my way back to the library & the 1st person I said hi to was Tim . He looked rather surprised when I knew his name & he was asking 'Karen?' & I said yup & shook his hand . Must say he looks better in person as compared to the pics being posted in his MySpace hee.

I was asking him where's Linda & the rest as at this moment it was very chaotic & everyone was getting read to see Roulette play & strangely everyone all stand ar when they started playing . Pratically everyone sat when previous both bands did acoustic sets . Weird.

Linda came walking to my direction where I was & Tim was sorta nudging her that I'm here like finally haha & she gave me a hug & thanked me for coming down aww . & man she's so pretty . She's gorgeous in pics & in person , even better sia !

Didn't saw ET & Y til later cos they were busy packing their gear & all but at this moment was looking though the mechanise that were on the table . Copies of Little Pieces (black & brown cover , only cover colour's different , content of CD's the same) & The Chrysalis , Ligeia posters & T shirts (black & white) were on sale.

I went on to buy another copy of The Chrysalis even though I already had & brought mine along , a Ligeia T shirt in black (cost S$15 but I only pay S$12 cos I got 'special' discount from Lunarin haha) & Tim gave me a free Ligeia poster woo.

Linda went on to sign the album sleeves of my copy of The Chrysalis & the other 1 that I bought on the spot , my Little Pieces discs & the Ligeia poster that Tim gave me eariler & around this time , Y walked into the library & Tim was sorta hinting to him that I'm here ahaha .

Y's rather good looking in person & I know Linda's gonna be giving me the face expression but it's true . ET looked pratically the same in person & in pics heh but he's quite tall man . He pratically towered over me like iterally & I think he got a haircut or something cos his hair's short while in the press photos , his hair was like a mini mohawk hur hur

Was pretty funny & I shook his hand too & then was asking him to sign my stuff too . ET was the last to come & he looked really (I think lah) happy when Tim introduced me to him haha but it was cool & I didn't experienced any jitters when I finally met everyone thank goodness.

Around this time , the noise in the library was getting unbearable cos Roulette was pratically tearing the library down with their music & was sibei loud . Everyone proceeded to pack up & leave & what do you know , I didn't ate anything being offered in the reception tables :) & aside from Tim , ET , Y & Linda , Natalie & Linda's cousin Ting Ren was in the group too . Including me as well..

Everyone took a long walk cos the original exit was sealed up god dammit so had to take a long way out & guess who I met outside the libary ? Fuzz my man ! & surprisely he managed to recongise me instantly . I didn't cos he looked really different as pics on his MySpace were him without his glasses cos he wear contacts so he was wearing glasses eariler & he looked kinda goofy but cool haha.

He gave me a hug & he was telling me that he had something to give me aka a copy of Phorous's EP yay :) . Talked to him a while on stuff & then some before he left with Natalie & a group of guys while I went to the car park with Linda , ET , Y , Tim & Ting Ren to put the mechanise & heavy gear in Linda's car & after that happened , Y & Tim left the car park to god knows where . What a pity cos I thought they will joined everyone for some late dinner/supper cos around this time , it was almost 9pm++ .

& before that , Linda was asking me whether would I like to join them cos it was still quite early around this time so I thought cool why not ?

After the guys left , I sat in Linda's car , ET sat in front while me & Ting Ren were squashed at the back with us holding Linda's guitar case & wah it's so big & pratically blocked my view in front.

She drove to Marriott Hotel cos initally she wanted to call an extended group of guys to go to The Living Room for some drinks after dinner/supper but that didn't materialised at the end cos everyone was so damn-ing tired but it was ok.I don't drink anyway so...

We all went to Scotts Shopping Centre's foodcourt & Fuzz & Natalie were already there . I wasn't hungry but Ting Ren was . At the end , only she ate a proper decent meal haha while Linda , ET , Fuzz & Natalie went to order desserts & being a sad sod , the only thing I could do was staring at them eating the desserts aka ice kachang & bo bo cha cha in front of me -.- . Never mind , I don't like eating ice kachang & bo bo cha cha so temptation didn't arise.

Then everyone went on talking cock like crazy . That happened eariler when Linda was driving on the way to Marriott Hotel & it was hilarious & very fun & I came to realise that Lunarin were nothing but nice people to befriend & be around with . So different from their stage personas & in pics somemore.

Whoever hates them for their music or something else , should be shot . Should let those anti Lunarin folks spend a day with Lunarin to change their mindset on these guys as they're really friendly & great to be around with . They really can tell stories & joke with people I tell you !

& f.y.i , Linda has the same phone as me ! hehe except hers's snazzy black which's damn nice lor while mine's silver . Never mind at least better than ah gua pink haha . Asked ET for his phone number in which he gave to me & then subsquently I asked Linda for Y's number too :)

We left around 10pm++ cos the foodcourt was gonna close & Linda decided to send me home as I lived quite near where Ting Ren stays in which I thought it's nice of her to do that & yeah you can imagine , more senseless talk went inside the car & I pity Y lah , so much stuff was talked about him & somemore he wasn't around so wasn't that fun at all leh.

I salute in the way that Linda was able to drive & also talk cock with everyone , she's able to multi task which amazes me even though when she was driving , got 1 idiot suddenly cut the lane she was driving & she was saying that she drove better when she was drunk than she was sober hur hur & Natalie who was sitting in the centre let out the word f-ker so loud haha

When they reached my destination , I asked Linda to let me alight at the bus stop instead of driving inside my house cos thought it was more convenient for me to just walk in as my house's in front of the main road & before I go , I thanked everyone for such a great night & they said their goodbyes to me too & next 'date' I'm seeing them will be at the LIME Sonic Bang in Dec & this time I try to drag Hui Li along as confirm they will not do acoustic but electrifying rock baby !

Should be no problem cos by then , her O levels would have finished & she will be on holidays lalala.

Well , what can I say ? I had a superb time with the folks of Lunarin , was fun finally meeting everyone in person & the after acoustic set gig experience was awesome . What a night/day to remember yay





++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter