Friday, February 02, 2007

Whew am I glad that this week's finally over & that the weekend's finally here hurrah . Took my 1st Accounts test in the morning . Erm... I don't know what to say but it's SO difficult & tough . I got stumped for the 1st 2 questions , I was in a state of panic when I was doing the test but on whole I'm just glad that it's over & done with . At most I will face the music in knowing the results of both Accounts & Econs next week then !

Was supposed to have Accounts only but because last week Maths was cancelled , it was being brought forward to this afternoon which was quite a stinker . But at least during the time break from Accounts to Maths , I went to meet up with Dan for lunch . Initally I wanted to meet up with him after school but he told me that he had plans or 2 tonight so he suggested why not I come over to have lunch with him instead in which I thought cool !

He dropped me an SMS when I was having my test , asking me what time I will be swinging by since he had to make reservations.

So after I was done with Accounts , I went to Dan's workplace which's just a MRT station away from my school . It sounds near yeah but I can tell you it's NOT ! Cos after I get outta the MRT station , I had to walk quite a distance to where his workplace's . I remembered the very 1st time when I tried in vain to find where his workplace's , I had a really difficult & tough time cos I wasn't very familiar with the area that he works at .

But now ha , it's 2nd nature already . Cos time wasn't on my side , I had to run like iterally to his workplace cos I only had less than a hour or so before I had to make my way back to school again . I was late as always but the moment I reached , I SMS'd Dan & he came downstairs in no time. But not before I took some postcards off the rack at the cafe besides his workplace haha

As always it's nice to see Dan & the both of us walked a distance away from his workplace cos his car was being parked at some hotel or something cos he told me that he always park there cos it's free parking for him so why not .

Dan was coughing away when I saw him eariler . Poor thing everyone seems to be falling sick these days . Even I myself told him that I was down with a nasty flu during Eng yesterday & yet still have to study for today's Accounts . He asked me how was the test & the part where I rattled on the topics being tested on , he was giving me a blank look aka he doesn't know what I'm talking about , when comes to Bank Reconcilation Statement , Sales Ledger & Purchase Control Accounts etc etc . haha

He gave me some cards for me to download music legally from the company he's working at whee . 3 cards to be exact . I haven't decide whether to use all 3 cards or to give 1 each to Hui Li & Hui Lin to use but I'll see about that . Should have asked for more eariler but nah I didn't.

Once we reached the building where his car was being parked there , I was asking him somemore further details about the next gig that Electrico will be playing at aka the Good Vibrations Festival which will be held at Fort Canning Park on 19th Feb & no I wouldn't be going for it , it's pretty pointless & also it will set me for like what tickets costing S$60+ a pop before 19th & S$80+ on the day itself . Hui Li also can't follow me even if I want to go cos it's slapped with a 18 years & above rating cos alcohol's served at the festival .

At least the age limit's logical cos it's obvious that 18 years & above is the legal age to drink in S'pore . Not like that time when me & Hui Li went to the Science Centre for the Explore S'pore gig that Electrico & Astreal performed . They put that 16 & above can enter the place cos alcohol was served that time . Like wtf man.

Electrico might probably be playing for about 30 mins or so ? Other regional , international , local acts will be gracing the event too in which among the international acts that will be coming down to S'pore for it will be The Beastie Boys ! & I heard on radio that all the early bird tickets of S$40 have been snapped up . Seems like a lot of Beastie Boys fans out there if you ask me.

& I was telling Dan that I'm not that familiar with their music sadly or not . It's damn embarassing lah on my part . Even for Jurassic 5 who's coming down as well , I heard of them before but music wise , zlich. This's terrible I should take a crash course on music at this instance.

The lift was being a pain in the ass so had no choice had to wake up the stairs . The buliding where Dan's car was being parked at , it's a really nice serene place . I didn't know such a place exist til eariler . See this's what I mean when I said that I wasn't familar with his workplace . I still am not !

We reached the car park like about time . I put my bags at the back of Dan's car & after I got that done with , I went to sit in front & Dan surprised me with a way belated b'day pressie aww :)

I really thought that he was joking about it but he wasn't but yeah I really liked it . He gave me a set of Kiehl's tolietries which's cool . He was asking me whether have I heard this brand Kiehl's before . I said no *sheepishly* & that my skincare's good 'ol Clearasil . He was saying that my face's complexion good & that Clearasil's too strong & he didn't expect that I would be using it . Well sorry bro , have to burst your bubble but I do have zits breakouts practically almost all the time . Just that I conceal them really well haha

While Dan was driving to M Hotel , I was asking him about Sun's gig at Hard Rock Cafe & whether did I really missed out on anything 'special' that happened . Not really but he was telling me all the unfortunate events that took place pre gig & it was quite bad well to him that's . & they didn't start performing til almost 9pm + !

Ooh once we reached M Hotel , I left my bags in his car . I only brought my wallet along & the place that we had lunch at , they were serving buffet & surprisely I didn't ate a lot just now cos I was worried that I might fall asleep during Maths later on but I did managed to chat with Dan on somemore things , like asking him how many hours does he spend in practising the guitar cos Hui Li was curious & so in a way I had to ask him on her behalf (that always happen practically ALL THE TIME -.- ) & that I love the new layout of their official website & also he further went onto telling me somemore things that happened post recording of Hip CIty.

Dan told me all this before but I didn't expect he would tell me even more & nah it doesn't hurt lah haha . It's sometimes good to know things that other people don't know heh heh provided that I'm not a big mouth & just shoot all of whatever he told me just like that . No , I'm not that kinda person & just grateful that he bothers in telling me all these things going on which's great.

I'm so looking forward to Live In New Wave which's taking place in exactly 1 month's time ! I'm definitely psyched up for it & ooh looks like Electrico might be taking some time in probably writing some new material for their 3rd album & yup I so agree as to what Dan said in that I hope he will put his foot down firmly on whatever things that happened during the recording , pre & post of Hip City & that history wouldn't repeat itself this time round . Well hopefully . I'm crossing my fingers on that for sure.

By the time we left M Hotel , it was already 1.15pm . Oops aka 15 mins prior to having Maths & Dan was kind enough to send me to school :) . I was telling Dan that he better take the rest of the day off from work cos he was feeling quite sick & he should go & see a doctor after he sent me to school .

My school's quite nearby & he didn't had any problems in finding where it's located at & I almost forgot in asking him whether has he moved to his new house & he has already woo so aka a future housewelcoming party for me to go & gate crash haha but yeah he SMS'd me his new address soon after . Wah I like his new address , sounds very grand & somewhat intimidating.

No doubt eariler was really fun , I do hope that Dan will use the weekend to recover & if you ask me , it will be nice to do this more often :) & once again , thanks for the pressie & that lovely little note inside the box dude !



++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter