Saturday, August 26, 2006

Before I start , let me just say that ironic much or not , it has been exactly 1 year since I 1st saw Electrico's performance ! yup that's right , way back in 26th Aug 2005 , was the 1st time I saw their performance at the sold out Sound Therapy gig at The Esplanade so essentially or not , today's kinda special sorta.

OK , enough on the intro , let's get started . I went to meet Serene at CityHall MRT station about 12.40pm or so . I reached the place around 12.25pm cos was stuck in a bloody damn traffic jam in Bukit Timah so kinda off set a bit . She was also caught in a jam too but no worries , still managed to meet her even though actually I reached the place at 12.15pm but decided to sneak into Perlini Silver a while just to look at the blings blings heh heh

So the both of us went to a corner of Suntec City to eat a thing or 2 , definitely not like go to a cafe or restaurant to eat cos there wasn't much time before Electrico take centrestage for their 1st set at 1.30pm in that they were playing for the Amazing Race Asia Tour.

Went to have some snacks or 2 & wah lau , you can imagine , I ate so much it wasn't funny & strangely enough , now I can't really stomach deep fried foods & they just don't taste as good as before & I started to get sick in the gut & had a really weird queasy feeling . Maybe next time I should stick to something else...

While eating , I talked to her over what happened yesterday & stuff , she was understanding & all but nah I decided to face the music & acknowledge the fact that getting upset & emotional over a trival issue's just plain stupid . Somemore I cannot forever run & avoid the problem completely .

Around 1.25pm or so , the both of us made our way to the Entertainment Centre Atrium where the place was screaming The Amazing Race Asia Tour promo all over & the stage was quite big . Well at least bigger than Bar None & we haven't even finished our food yet at this time -.- so decided after the 1st set was done , we eat again haha

At 1.30pm , the 1st set Electrico did began . They kicked start with Walk which was great , followed by Electricorp. & Love In New Wave . Serene & I both felt like idiots in someway or another cos it's like only the both of us were moshing to their songs & the crowd wasn't happening in any bit -.- & even though people were taking the escalator & were just checking out their music & all , the feeling wasn't that kicking .

It's like the guys were just playing & jamming in a normal recording session so to speak & when the guys 1st came on stage , I was like eh how come Dan's wearing shades ??? & mind you it's indoors somemore -.- . While watching them performed for 15-20 mins or so , my mind was full of ??? but hey at least this time , he got space to jump around while playing his lead guitar haha

So after their 1st set ended , me & Serene went at the back of the stage to disturb them haha . Dave , Des & Amanda saw us & said hi to me before eventually Dan came along as he was busy with something & nah I didn't like cracked under pressure while I went to meet Dan .

It's weird but that whole insecure feeling that I had just disappeared when I talked to him & I was going on in that the crowd wasn't happening & quite dead & he said that such shows is like a take $ & run kinda situation in which I agree . & he forgot to bring something important for me *cries* I wanna clobber him to death ! Nah just joking he's a really sweet guy & besides I can always get that from him another time even though he was saying that while he was driving to Suntec to do soundtrack at 10.45am , it was only then in the car that he remembered about it -.-

I talked to him about 10 mins or so before they went outside to do an interview & well a smoke break.

1 hour or so before their next set , so Serene & me went back to the corner of the Entertainment Centre Atrium where it screams out food food & more food galore ! I ordered a plate of rosti & bloody hell it's damn fricking good ! & we talked somemore rubbish , blah blah blah & she does know what happened yesterday but after talking to Dan eariler , I wasn't so uneasy & uncomfortable meeting & talking to him so officially I'm alright !

Their 2nd set came swiftly & this time Serene's friend Mei Sum came along to watch . They did I Want You 1stly & wow was so glad that they did it live cos I haven't heard it being done live in a very long time . They did this live during Sound Therapy so brought back lots of great memories.

In which was followed by Stay Away & Hip City & compared to the 1st set , the 2nd set wasn't as good as the 1st bcos some idiot & loser switched off the speakers & not to mention the microphones for the keyboards & bass !!!

So when the solo keyboard part for Stay Away came along , I was like eh I thought Amanda supposed to play around this time ? What happened ? Cos Dave , Dan & Will were filling in for her & not to mention the microphones were acting really weird , couldn't really heard Dave speak.

After things wrapped up , we all went back to the stage again & sorta was complaining to Leonard & Dan on it & apparently the speakers were switched off cos people & the management complained that the sound was too loud -.- . HELLO too loud ?! It's a performance you wuss , can't you just have fun like for 15 or 20 mins ?? I have a bucket of rotten eggs in the basket now , want to pelt everything at them at this moment !

Dan was skimming though the Today weekend paper that I got & was asking him about next week's gig which other acts & themselves will be performing at the official opening for the Home Team Academy . Even though the gig's 7-9pm , they will be performing at 8pm but only will be doing 2 songs -.-

That's definitely will be take $ & run again & so's today which's kinda typical but was pretty funny , was laughing & joking with him on that . I also asked him about his finger in which he got hurt on Wed during the Bar None gig. & was mocking at him eariler how come he was wearing shades on stage.

I thought it's bcos he didn't wear contacts or something but nope , he said that he wore them to look cool -.- . Dude you're cool enough already , don't need to up the cool factor !

Serene got a free bag with the AXN & Amazing Race logos stuck on it from Dan in which Leonard was using it when I saw him eariler . Initally I thought it was a labtop bag but after opening it , it wasn't . It's a normal sling bag but a big haversack pouch is included in it . Dan gave me at 1st but I didn't want it cos I have too many bags at home already !

Amanda's going away on a short trip tomorrow to do promo for the movie she acted in which's called Be With Me & attending some flim festival there in Russia so I hope she will spread some love of Electrico once she's there & was telling her that she's representing the band & the cast of the movie she's in haha

Overall , as compared to Wed's gig , today's better . I don't know why but I like to add that this's the 1st time I actually seeing them performed in the afternoon , as compared to the other gigs where they usually start at night.

But yeah , I enjoyed the gig & I would like to meet Dan to catch up on things next week before he's heading back to the army to get 'tortured' for 2 weeks haha aka reservist & not to mention he's going to get his hair cut wheeeee

Save me the trouble & effort in using a pair of scissors to do the job instead ehehehe

-----------------------------

So after saying our goodbyes to the guys , I went to Ben & Jerry to have ice cream & this's gonna sound shocking but this's the 1st time I have Ben & Jerry ! I know I'm such a wuss but I tell you the prices you have fork out there are not cheap but it's worth it cos their ice cream flavors are damn good !

Cos of the fact that I don't know what to order , so Serene helped me in recommending the flavors that're worth trying . I tried the dublin mudslide , chunky monkey & chocolate fudge brownie & outta the 3 flavors , I L.O.V.E the chocolate fudge brownie the most ! It tasted really seductive & usually I don't like fudge brownie & stuff but this's an exception !

After that , I walked all the way back to Raffles City cos wanted to buy some blings blings from Perlini Silver as the outlet in Suntec , only 1 person was serving & helping customers -.- d'oh

I went all crazy & spent S$71 on new blings blings , a new pair of snowflake earrings , a new hearts bracelet , a new necklace chain (as the only chain that I have's quite thick aka the type that rappers wear , yeah that thick ) & a new pendant which's my zoadic sign Capricorn & also I bought a new care kit cos the cleaning solution that I currently have , it's running out of steam so kinda went crazy eariler at the shop , buying like mad . Only thing that I didn't buy was a ring haha as I don't like rings in general. Can't stand the feeling of something being stuck in my fingers & that it might not come out once I wear them :S

Haha , this week on Singapore Idol's Spectulars , the theme was Asian Pop where the contestants had to sing 2 songs , 1 in English while the other in their mother tongue . Paul Twohill & Jonathan Leong did Electrico's songs respectively HAHA

Which's quite cool man ! Electrico found out about it on Wed night & jokingly dubbed Wed 'Electrico Night' hahaha & eariler Ch5 played it on encore & I only watched the parts where Paul & Jon performed.

Paul was 1st & he did I Want You in which to me it's not bad but I wasn't buying the way he moved on stage , it looked quite gross & obscene to me :S & also he couldn't hit the high notes just like Dave . But overall decent effort & I laughed at the last part where he went 'you give a god damn shoes' haha

Jon performed later on with Runaway & initally I thought it was quite terrible cos I only saw a snippet of his performance on Thurs but turned out that it wasn't as bad as I thought it will be . Just that the only thing I didn't liked was that he sounded MONOTONE all the way.

But overall for both of them , at least they did justice to the songs but eariler when Electrico did I Want You live , it was done much much better wahaha






++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter