Sunday, January 07, 2007

1st of all I want to say a very happy belated b'day to Mr Leonard Soosay ! Yup his b'day was yesterday & happy happy happy b'day ! Leo , hope you will continue to do more good in the local music scene in which I know you will !


So anyway yesterday Stasis9 took place & believe it or not , things actually got to a really funny start in that initally I thought Lunarin were supposed to perform at Stasis9 at 2pm in which the event was taking place at The Arts House (TAH) that's located at 1 Old Parliament Lane . In case you know or don't know , TAH used to be the Old Parliament House .

I made my way to TAH in the afternoon . I reached there probably around 1.30pm or so & since I had some time before the gig supposedly to start , I went snopping around TAH & it's a very nice place filled with rich history & cultural facts about S'pore . Think of it as a mini museum of sorts .

Stasis9 was held at Playden which's a small section being allocated at TAH & it was located on Level 2 of TAH . When I got there , with my pre sale ticket that I bought in hand , I saw the schedule being pasted outside Playden & guess what I saw ? Lunarin's gonna be playing at 8pm instead of 2pm !!! :O

The schedule for yesterday were :

2-2.45pm Open Ended
2.45-3.30pm Backspace
3.30-4.15pm Super Illegals
4.15-5pm Rancour
4-5.45pm Deviant
5.45-6.30pm Nuance
6.30-7.15pm Zero Sequence
7.15-8pm The Oslo Castaways
==Exclusive preview of Zo Gang , a short movie directed by Jacen Tan==
8-8.45pm Lunarin
8.45-9.30pm Aims For The Poor
9.30-10.15pm Ecrus Garange
10.15-11pm A Vacant Affair

The timings can change depending on the circumstances . In actual fact , Lunarin almost weren't able to perform yesterday cos something cropped up at the 11th hour on Fri night in which Linda told me on MSN . I didn't really know it was all about til I found it about myself from ET yesterday night but thank goodness things got sorted out & that they were able to perform after all :)

After I saw the schedule , I called my mum asking her what I should do seeing that Lunarin wouldn't be performing til 8pm ++ at night . She suggested that I come back home 1st & then I come out later on again so I thought ok lor but not before Linda SMS'd me telling me about tonight gig's details.

I walked all the way back to Raffles City in which I went to buy more jewellery from Perlini Silver & besides I have a 50% b'day discount that they sent me so I thought why not . I used that to buy a gorgeous hearts bracelet .

Aside from that , I also bought another pair of stardust heart earrings & a heart pendant as Perlini were having a fab promotion that's currently going on til end of the month . In that 30% off all rings & pendants that they're having on sale . The heart pendant was lovely so I couldn't say no haha . I have an obsession with hearts so ...

Oh I almost forgot , before I went back home , I bought tickets to see The Observatory at Raffles City's Sistic outlet . They posted somemore tracks from their 2 albums in which their 3rd album's scheduled to hit stores somewhere in March .

I heard the new tracks just now on their MySpace & they sounded really good . Planning to get their 2 albums in order for me to polish up on my knowledge about them , music wise . Dan said that they're damn good live so hope I will have a good time on 25th March then !

Also I read that whenever The Observatory staged concerts & performances , they always sell out everything so that's something to say about !

I came back around 4.30pm , rested a bit . Went onto the net to edit some things online & then watched American Dragon Jake Long & The Emperor's New School . Wow has been a while since I saw The Emperor's New School if you ask me .

My mum asked me how I make my way to TAH & then I said I took 184 , followed by taking MRT all the way to City Hall & then walk from there to TAH . She suggested I take 961 instead as it will stop at a junction of where the Supreme Court was located at . She was right , it was much much faster & nearer !

Off I went out again which means that I skipped going back to my paternal relatives's house for dinner but that's ok . Anyway the food that they served is always the same 'ol same 'ol so I gladly can give that a miss !

I reached TAH around 7.30pm & wow didn't realised the place was so beautiful at night . Even the Supreme Court was all lighted up with lights & the view was really breathtaking from far. Tim then SMS'd me saying that they were making their way back to TAH from Funan's TCC . Man they sure love TCC , even I myself don't frequent such posh coffee places that frequently !

& this time I brought along my mum's jacket cos eariler when I was there , I felt the place was a bit cold for me.

I went up the stairs of TAH to inside Playden & the place was very dark . I can't even see the faces of the people who came to see the selected local bands who were performing at Stasis9 . Surprisely the turnout was quite strong seeing that the papers didn't did any publicity about Stasis9 as it's quite a low key event . Probably it's due to world of mouth & then some which led people to come to TAH to come witness the event .

Around this time , The Oslo Castaways were still performing & Lunarin's set wouldn't begin til about 8.40pm ++ . & here comes the strange part in that I was able to somehow sense that they all will be outside of Playden so I went outside & sure enough I was right !

Was so nice to see everyone again as they were about to go backstage to get ready with their gear & everything . I met ET's girlfriend Chris for the 1st time & she's a nice lady . They all shook hands with me wishing me happy new year & that's not all !

ET was the only 1 who wished me an early happy b'day aww :) & he gave me a box of Godiva chocolates :O To remember my b'day is great but to give me something so expensive as Godiva chocolates , wah I'm damn honoured big time aha

& no I haven't tried Godiva chocolates yet ! They're so expensive & here & then whenever I passed by any Godiva stores which are located at Takashimaya , Citylink Mall & Changi Airport , the prices are sky rocket crazy but oh man thanks a lot you guys :)

After we chatted for a while , everyone except me went backstage to get ready while I went onto buying their merchanise cos I want to give them away as b'day pressies for my friends in time to come . At this rate I'm going broke , very very BROKE but all for a good cause as usual :)

I myself bought another Ligeia T shirt but this time in white . I already have 1 in black though which I bought last year at Library@Orchard heh

Surprisely even though Playden was extremely dark inside , Tim & Chris were able to find me quite easily ! & around this time The Oslo Castaways were about to wrap things up . They're pretty good & there're 4 members in the band in that there's only 1 girl in the group who plays the keyboards . Unlike Electrico who have 2 lead guitarists , they only have 1 lead guitarist who doubled up as lead singer , just like Dave.

According to schedule , this's the time when they were about to show an exclusive preview of Zo Gang , a short movie directed by Jacen Tan who's a dear friend of Lunarin in that he helped composed the opening of their song in The Chrysalis which's track no1 Eclipse . He also helped in directing the music video of their debut single Silverpiece as well.

Zo Gang is about 8-10 mins long & haha it was so hilarious , I couldn't stop laughing while watching it . Lots of slap stick comedy & humor going on in Zo Gang pepped with Singlish , Chinese , Hokkien & censored swear words . They shouldn't have censored the swear words though . At this time quite a lot of people in the audience were laughing a lot cos whatever that was said about in Zo Gang , I think practically everyone agrees with what Jacen said.

& among a few people who made a cameo in Zo Gang was Linda as a Cho Bu Buskler as what it was put at the credits at the end of the movie hur hur which's true . I was a bit surprised when I saw Linda in the movie & that everyone , some people made wolf whistles when that came on screen.

I'm not sure you can view Zo Gang online just as yet but you can probably try www.hosaywood.com & yeah the website name's very funny & cute . You also can watch another short movie that Jacen directed which's Zo Peng . I saw that a while back & yeah it's good too . While you're at there , go ahead & watch Lunarin's Silverpiece video too.

After Zo Gang was screened , Lunarin came onstage to set up their gear & get everything in place . Cos of the fact that they didn't do a proper soundcheck , they did 1 on the spot & unlike their previous performances that I attended where I stand , this time round , I sat with Tim & Chris . We were all right in front of Lunarin like barely almost a few cm away from the guys !

& then it was time to rock things up with Lunarin's music . They kicked things off with a fanastic rocking redition of Absolution which was followed by Ligeia , Medusa , Ariel . I realised the volume was twice as loud when they launched into Ariel.

However 1/2 way when Ligeia was being played , Linda's bass guitar started to went off key & it sounded weird in that her tunner was malfunctioning . After they did Ligeia , Y went to try to fix the problem . When Y was doing that , Linda talked to the crowd in that they 1st graced Stasis1 way back then when they were still known as Fuzzbox & they graced the event when they were only 19.

She even said that she like to surround herself with young people which make her feel young haha but wow it has been a long time since Stasis1 if you ask me . Livonia also graced Stasis1 way back then & it was held at The Substation Garden.

After Y managed to solve the problem in a way or 2 , like what I said eariler , launched into Medusa , Ariel & they closed their set with Silverpiece & The Tower . Strangely they didn't do Dry . Was kinda hoping that will be done but ah well & no they didn't do any new songs yesterday night even though they did a new one MIDAS at LIME Sonic Bang . MIDAS was fab !

During their performance , I was looking at Linda's Thunderbird upclose which's a tough bad ass looking bass guitar & ET was furiously banging on the drums . Y strangely looked stoned at times when he was playing his lead guitar haha . I think if you were to put him & Dan together in a room , you can definitely see the way both guys play , completely different like chalk & cheese !

So their songlist for yesterday night was :

1) Absolution ( love the song the very 1st moment I heard it . Sounded more rockin when it's done live ! )
2) Ligeia
3) Medusa
4) Ariel (this was done 2-3 times even more louder than the CD version)
5) Silverpiece
6) The Tower

After their set was done , we 3 went backstage to help Linda & the guys to pack up & leave TAH . Some were asking where to go for makan & after that , they wanted to head somewhere else for drinks til late at night . I did joined them for makan (in which I didn't ate anything eventually) but not the after party cos I wanted to go back home.

& yay this time ET drives ! He just got his license a while back & he borrowed his dad's old car so now no need for everyone & their gear to be all packed into Linda's car haha . & so funny , all his life ET has been taking cabs from home to office , office to court , court to office & vice versa so I supposed it's kinda a rude shock for him now & it was so weird in that he followed Linda at the back like he's a stalker or something ! but I'm sure he will get used to these in no time . Well he has to !

Everyone eventually decided to head to go to some coffee shop at Circular Road but not before I hitched a ride in Linda's car & she wanted to pick up her boyfriend Johnson who's working at Ocean Building . Poor thing , even weekends Johnson even has to work !

& the 1st reaction when I saw Johnson ? how come he was so dressed down in T shirts , shorts , flip flops & the works hahaha . I was expecting that he would be all suited up like what laywers usually wear to work but it's the weekend so he can dress down that much lah but ah he's a very nice & good looking chap :) Very friendly & I can communicate with him real easily . Wah , if Linda's reading this hor , she better treat me to coffee someday for saying such things about her boyfriend mwahaha

But no lah , I'm serious on what I said about Johnson & just like Dan , he doesn't look like his age at all heh heh . Had I not known from Linda about his age , I would have thought that Johnson's in his early 20s !

Johnson also drives so this time he took over the sterling wheel from Linda & Circular Road there , there was an open car park field but couldn't find any parking lot so went to Riverwalk's multi story car park . ET was still behind Linda's car cos he himself also not familar with the place . Luckily he didn't get lost but funny enough he didn't parked his car at the same level as Johnson did.

Went & met everyone outside the building & proceeded to cross the zebra crossing to where the coffee shop was located at & some members from The Love Experiment were already there , eating .

All except ET & Chris went onto ordering a plate of BBQ stringray & sambal sotong rice set . I didn't ate anything cos I wasn't hungry but I did ordered a can of Coke Light . Was asking ET what exactly happened at Y's workplace on Friday night which almost led them in not able to perform at Stasis9 .

Was pretty gross when ET & Chris told me cos Chris sorta works in the same place as Y so eee my hair stood when they were narrating to me the details . Johnson has the new Sony Ericsson 850i walkman phone & Y was fiddling with it cos they wanted to test some features on his phone . Damn at least Johnson's phone has some value lor unlike my cheap ayam brand zero $ Motorola L6 phone !

haha 1 of the features on Johnson's phone was that he was able to distort pics & changed them depending on certain modes & all of the pics he used was Y haha . There was 1 of them being like all boxed up , alien like & the works . So cute & they had to pick on Y of all people bless

The rest also didn't had anything & then Tim suddenly realised that the merchanise bag & stuff were still at TAH ! Oops that wasn't good but luckily he remembered so after everyone left , me , Linda & Johnson drove back to TAH to pick the goods up .

As everyone wanted to go to some posh wine place at MacKenzie Road for somemore after drinks , I asked the both of them to drop me at some place so that I can probably take a cab back home in which I didn't . I still took the bus back home . I'm not someone who always takes cab from 1 place to another . I only take cabs when necessary.

When Linda went out to pick the merchanise bag , I talked to Johnson a bit more while we were waiting in Linda's car . I asked him about his line of work cos I'm interested as to what lawyers really does on a regular basis & it's pretty cool to hear what he said cos usually it's like oh you think it's glam to be a lawyer but in reality it's not & yes he knows Dan too . In fact Johnson known him way back in Law School & he even said that Dan was his senior . When he said that , he made it sound like Dan was really old leh heh heh

But before that LInda was telling Johnson that I'm a big Electrico fan . Aw she shouldn't have lah :) in reality I'm not , I just appericate their music & whatever they have been doing to help kick start & revived the local music scene so yeah... & oh we also talked about wine too ha !

Linda came back & haha ET was still behind her , so cute . Johnson proceeded to drive me to Raffles City where they dropped me off . Said my goodbyes to the both of them before giving Johnson another firm handshake , hope to know him a bit better in time to come !

& I also waved goodbye to everyone in ET's car . Poor thing everyone was like so crammed big time in his dad's old car but ah well.

Even though the day started a bit off key but I'm glad that things went well eventually . Til the next Luanrin gig & more misadventures then :)

Lunarin , thank you so much for remembering my b'day even though technically I'm going to be old AGAIN but still I really appericate the fact that you guys actually remember ! Also for the expensive Godiva chocolates , I don't deserve it really but it's a very nice lovely gesture coming from you guys . I haven't tried them yet but when I do , I will let you know how it taste like heh heh

Your performance at Stasis9 was great even though the sound system went a bit off key here & there but still I enjoyed myself very very much . Loved all the tracks that was done live , especially Absolution . Then next time folks !

++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter