Saturday, June 16, 2007

Had a rather smashing good time with Jiha eariler . In fact I was out with her practically the whole day but it was all good in catching up with her since it has been a while since I last saw her . Somemore she hasn't caught Lunarin in performance just yet & might as well do it today since this's their last show for 2006 before going on hiatus .

1stly , we went to Suntec's Eng Wah to catch Fanastic Four : Rise Of The Silver Surfer . It was good & to me it doesn't suffer the whole 2nd sequel syndrome . Silver Surfer's 1 cool dude man & note to self : never ever eat a whole box of regular salted popcorn . I might as well go though a few sacks of salt if I want to get the same thing man . Somemore the salted popcorn gets saltier with every bite .

Not sure if it's just me , but does cinemas sell buttered popcorn ar ? If they do , then great I should select that should I go watch a movie next time . If not they probably should start adding that to the list like permanently . + or better yet , I bring my own food along to the movies .

Luckily I ordered the regular size . If I ordered the large , I think I'm doomed & will be overdosed on salt .

So after the movie ended , both of us made our way to Raffles City . I didn't want to eat brunch so I decided to have some soup instead at Soup Spoon . Usually whenever I go to Raffles City's Soup Spoon , I always order the Velvety Mushroom Stroganoff but eariler I was feeling sian & I thought I should try something different which I did !

I went ahead & ordered a regular Sour Cream & Onion which was fab but the strange thing was that I didn't asked to get that takeaway but other than that , the Sour Cream & Onion was all good !

Initally I thought it would be potato based but realised it was cream based . But I think this wouldn't be permanent on the menu :(

Soon after , it was time to make our way to the Esplanade & if you ask me the last time I been there was last Dec to catch Corrinne May perform during Christmas & talking about her , she's making her way back home in Aug where she will be performing at NUS's UCC Concert Hall on 3rd Aug which I'm definitely going for it as soon as ticket details are released in her official MySpace & MySpace blog.

I took a walk outside of the Esplanade & to me it looks nicer at night as compared to in the day .

As embarassing as it sounds , I haven't or should I say didn't know that there was a library located inside the Esplanade -_- . Maybe I'm ignorant or something but all along I'm not a book person . I'm more of a magazine person .

But anyway , library@esplanade's located at the 3rd floor & it's a nice place & it's bigger than I expected it to be .

I saw Linda & Y making their way inside the library as they were scheduled to perform at 7pm . I said hi to them & introduced the both of them to Jiha . Has been a while since I last caught up with the lovely folks of Lunarin & it's always nice seeing/catching them in performance & not to mention catching up too .

ET seems to be MIA for no reason & they said he would come shortly . They had to get ready so they excused themselves in no time . Cos it was still early , Jiha & I bought sometime by reading today's New Paper & some old magazines available for references in the library .

& finally in a matter of time , the show's about to begin . I saw ET , his fiancé Chris & Tim seated in front of a line of seats being lined up neatly . Jiha & I sat in the 3rd row .

At this point in time , I was wondering how come ET was sitting instead of playing alongside Linda & Y & haha after the show ended , he said he was playing the role of audience & that he didn't had enough time to gear up for it .

I managed to took some pics with my camera phone eariler & they turned out not bad I would say :










I really really like what Linda wore even though it seems that she's always decked out in black but I don't care , black rules . Y's ain't bad himself

I wanted to take more but as more people started to fill up the empty seats , it was getting difficult to snap more so these will do .

As it's an acoustic set instead of their usual sets , what Jiha heard eariler was already very mellow . If she went for their non acoustic sets , she probably might get the shock of her life haha

But anyway Lunarin minus ET who was playing the role of audience eariler , kicked things off with an always great & fanastic redition of Dry . To me , I think the acoustic of Dry rocks no matter what .

It was followed by new tracks that will be appearing in their still untitled 2nd album such as Red , 22 (I'm starting to wonder why the song title 22 but I probably can guess why ie. if my intution's correct) , a new song that I think they didn't played it at last month's Bar None Monday sessions , something called Right Of Sleep (I think that's the title , not sure) , Coralline .

By right they supposed to stop at Coralline but someone who was gung ho in the audience requested them to play Silverpiece which they did & haha for some reason/s , Y told everyone that he kinda forgotten how to play the melody to it oops but luckily he managed to remember so phew & after Linda & Y played a song , Linda kept talking to the audience & trading in jokes such as ET went MIA & that if you managed to spot him in the audience , that's not him & it's just someone that looks like him haha . Good one Linda !

& also another rather surprising issue that she raised eariler was that their debut album The Chrysalis has been pulled outta the shelves of HMV already :( I didn't know about it til I asked ET & he told me that happened about a month ago but oh dear , that's not good but I'm sure once they're done with the new album , they wouldn't go though the same shit again when comes to distribution of their album & just like what The Observatory has done with their latest A Far Cry From here , distribute it independently .

Of the songs that Linda & Y did , I really like 22 , Coralline . Silverpiece & Dry are still fab as always . It's radio's loss not to push Silverpiece to attain the deserved success that it should get . Both the acoustic & original versions of Silverpiece are great .

Anyway after both of them wrapped things up , I stayed a while to catch up with everyone as it has been a while since I last saw them . Jiha enjoyed seeing them performing at their last show for 2006 but hey at least it's better than nothing .

I thought Fuzz was supposed to come cos I didn't saw him just now in the audience but he did came after all . Was nice seeing him again that's for sure .

Cos Lunarin are currently doing a library promotion or 2 with library@esplanade where you can win 5 autographed copies of The Chrysalis , the 3 of them were busy signing whatever copies ET brought along & haiyo , the way Y signed the 1st CD which was the decoy , was pretty terrible . It was like some weird symbol that he anyhow drew on the sleeve haha + both of them for some weird reason/s even wrote down today's date . Er... -_-

so I told Y & ET , why not signed on the CD instead cos the sleeve doesn't contain any of their lyrics which in a way it does makes sense & what do you know , they decided to do it after all & what happened to the decoy CD ? I gave that to Jiha haha
which they don't mind yay

The guitars Y & Linda used eariler were loaned by Gibson & the guitars looked great . No wonder both of them commented they don't wanna return back to Gibson haha



ooh very nice shot of the both of them holding the loaned Gibson acoustic guitars if I should say

Today was good I would say . Caught a movie in the afternoon , caught a great (as always) acoustic set in the night , what more could I have asked for ? Although Lunarin wouldn't be performing any gigs as of now but I'm just glad that they went out with a big bang & I'm sure when they return back to the gig scene , they would play nothing but great new material which I'm looking forward to it super big time !

++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter