Sunday, December 10, 2006

So round 2 of LIME Sonic Bang mayhem took place eariler on today & what better way to kick off the eariler set of gigs than to go to enjoy today's lineup of acts's performances with my cousin Bao Sui !

She wanted to tag along with me yesterday but she had something on so she couldn't make it . Around 4pm or so , I left the house & walked all the way to my paternal grandparents's house as she was already waiting for me & then her mum drove the both of us to Heeren using my uncle's pick up truck .

We reached Heeren around 5pm or so & I wanted to go to HMV again to pick up a copy of local band Concave Scream's latest CD called Horizons cos yesterday night I forgot to do so -.- I also bought Vanessa Hudgens's debut album V . You might remember her best as the main actress of the hit movie , the Disney Channel Original Movie High School Musical.

& then we made our way to Cathay Cineleisure Orchard (CCO) & I was feeling a bit hungry now cos eariler I didn't really had lunch as I got up late today + I was watching the encore of Japanese Hour that was aired on ChannelNewsAsia so there.

Initally wanted to go to PastaMania for some late lunch/early dinner but eventually we landed up at this place called Chicago Steakhouse & it is a nice cosy place & the ambience is pretty good too.

Went to order a soup , a starter & the main course . I had a cream of mushroom soup , ordered a basket of calamari & for the main course , I had a plate of Prawn Olio & the funny thing is that I thought the Prawn Olio , it will come with bits & pieces of prawns just like how PastaMania does theirs but it came with 4 pieces of rather big prawns with the shell , head everything all intact so I had no choice but to deshell them but they were not fresh though . Ah well but the Prawn Olio was really good & kick ass & spicy hot ! & they are really generous with giving me lots of garlic in the pasta too !

Around this time , I SMS'd Dan asking what time Electrico will be playing later on at the LIME Sonic Bang & he said that they will take the stage around 8ish or so & it was ok with me as I wanna be around the VIP area much much earlier as I wanted to catch Astreal live once again & also other acts too.

Left CCO around 6.30pm or so & around this time , 987DJ Daniel Ong was already onstage warming the crowd up & I think compared to yesterday , the turnout for today was slightly more enthusiastic .

In fact compared to yesterday , I caught more acts performing onstage as yesterday I only saw a few in the form of StrikeForce , Project Superstar 2 Finalists , Imran , Elsa , Lunarin & also S'pore Idol runner up Jonathan Leong.

The LIME Sonic Bang performances started at around 6.45pm or so & the 1st act that took the stage was JamX 2006 winners Dubious Brothers & they played old school rock & they loved The Rolling Stones's music.

& around this time , we went to the right side of the stage which were surrounded by barriers & security guards aka the VIP area cos the left side of the VIP area , the space were all taken up by lots of cameramen so had no choice but to go to the other side of the stage.

Could tell from their music & they are pretty good I should say . Dubious Brothers did Little Miss Judy & Long Straightline . After that Serenaide came onstage & they used to have 5 members but now they have 6 .

I kinda know the violinist of Serenaide aka Natalie cos she played the violin in 2 of Lunarin's tracks in their debut album aka in Silverpiece & The Chrysalis & in Sept , she played with Lunarin at their acoustic gig at the StompCast gig that took place at library@orchard & she's a nice person & it was cool seeing her & the rest of Serenaide onstage performing eariler.

They did Sofa Series & The Girl From Katong . For me , just like Lunarin before , I only heard their name but nothing more but I was glad to be able to catch Serenaide's performance just now . I like their music , it is really good & sing a long too . I heard of The Girl From Katong before , only the title that's but nothing more as usual but just now was able to heard the song being done live so it is nice !

Followed that , it was newcomer Erick Guansing & he's from The Philippines but now he's a PR in S'pore & he's pretty good looking & boyish . Some people in the crowd went wild when they saw him in person haha . He did covers of Stand By Me & Can't Take My Eyes Off You . His reditions are pretty decent , at least he did justice to the originals & also somehow or another , his take on these songs , he injected a breathe of fresh air to them , with influences of soul & pop . Nifty job Erick took !

After Erick , it is the 1 & only Force Vomit ! Linda told me yesterday night that Force Vomit has been even around & longer than Lunarin & she's right . Force Vomit has been around since '93 & they played punk rock music . & just like Serenaide , I only heard of Force Vomit's name & nothing more but was so glad to be able to get a glimpse of their performance .

& wow they were really rocking & kick ass ! Didn't managed to get a hold of the song titles but they did 2 songs & it sounded pretty good & it was only later on that I recongised 1 of the members in Force Vomit , Wan who also plays the drums in Astreal !

In which after Force Vomit left the stage , it was Astreal's turn to rock things out onstage & 1 of the perks being in the VIP area was that I managed to get a bird eye's view to the acts that're performing & I realised that for bands with instruments & all , it's a rather big pro but for those solo acts such as Erick & yesterday's Elsa & Jonathan Leong , it's a rather big con cos the stage's designed to be a big I shape so most of the acts went all the way up to the front so I basically just see the back of them only . Just something I thought I should point out.

So anyway , like what I was saying , Astreal came onstage & they did 3 songs . They did fanastic rocking reditions of Projektion (Reprise) , This's Dormant & Snowflake . Was hoping that they will do the song that made me sit up & take notice of them aka Lover & The Sea but they didn't do it live . Ah well hopefully next time & nope , I didn't got the chance to meet them backstage after all aww . Maybe I will go up & say hi to Astreal at the next gig then.

But still , fab performance Astreal gave eariler & you should get their 2nd album , Fragments Of The Same Dead Star which's out in all good CD stores now . If you're into indie/rock/shoeglaze/alternative music , you will love their music.

& after that , it was my guys & girl Electrico that went onstage to get ready & they did a mini quick soundcheck on the spot cos I think they didn't had the time to do a soundcheck eariler in the afternoon cos they were performing at Zoukout yesterday at Sentosa , 1am to be precise & as usual , was nice to see everyone performed onstage again .

I was at the right side of the stage but I managed to say hi to Des onstage who was getting ready with his gear & all . He saw me 1st & I waved to him & he followed suit . Dan was at the left side together with Amanda .

After they did their mini quick soundcheck , finally Electrico showed everyone who's da boss & what better way to kick start their set with Electricorp. which was brilliant & great when it's being done live .

Followed by my personal fave Teenage Queen & they closed the set with Love In New Wave & yes this time , Dan did more jumping than Des haha . Surprisely , Des moved around lesser than last Sat's gig at Science Centre & Dave wasn't as stoned as before . Dave moved around a bit more but wah , Dan was really da man . He was jumping everywhere onstage with his lead guitar haha

Even Bao Sui was asking me who was that dude who was doing all the jumping onstage heh heh

Although they had a bit of problem with the sound , in that I couldn't hear Dan's lead guitar that much , still , the set they did was good considering that they did a soundcheck on the spot , that's pretty something.

& before that , Saha SMS'd me asking me where I was exactly but unfortunately I didn't saw him after Electrico's set ended so Saha , if you're reading this , apologises but hope you had fun just now !

So after their set finished , I asked Bao Sui to follow me to the other side of the stage cos I told Dan that I will find him backstage after they finished & just outside the venue , I saw Leonard , said hi to him for a while & introduced him to Bao Sui & asked him how was Zoukout & all.

I waited for a while & eventually me & Bao Sui went backstage cos I had backstage passes & before that from outside , I already saw everyone packing up their gear & all . I went inside & said hi to everyone but unfortunately everyone was busy here & there packing everything up so only small talk were made.

I said hi to Dan 1st followed by Dave , Amanda & Will . Didn't saw Des until a while later on & introduced everyone to Bao Sui & haha rock star moment alert in that Bao Sui shook their hands when I introduced her to the guys except Dan .

Soon after , they left to get something to eat I think so we went outside to catch the next act performing aka Saw Loser .

They used to be known as Pug Jelly but bcos of internal issues & all , they were disbanded & reformed to become Saw Loser & umm.. honestly , I preferred Pug Jelly's material as it seemed to me that Saw Loser's material is somehow a bit weaker & less catchier than before but have to admit that they really know how to work the crowd up & yup was the 1st time seeing them live in performance.

They did Mr Know It All & Big Shot & somehow , I'm not feeling Saw Loser's music . I could be wrong but I probably should listen to their music more before I said anything more about them then.

Around this time , Dan & the rest came back after doing their stuff . They went onto packing the reminding gear that they had & then Des came & walked past me . Said hi to him again & introduced him to Bao Sui for a short while .

& then Dan come outside of backstage & he loaded the gear into his car which was packed outside the venue . I went up to him & we talked for a bit , asked him how Zoukout went & he said that the sound system was really good but the crowd was mayhem.

They only started playing their set at 1am , a full set aka 45 mins long & after they packed & moved everything to the hotel , it was already 4am ! Man no wonder everyone looked a bit zombie like eariler onstage . Dude get some well deserved sleep lah !

Yup it was nice to see everyone again eariler . Introduced Dan to Bao Sui who was lurking near me & it was cool , Bao Sui finally got to meet Dan in person haha & was telling Dan that Hui Li didn't came cos she wanted to watch Star Awards -.-

Before he & the rest left to go back to outside of CCO to get interviewed by MTV & doing a LIME interview or 2 , I asked him whether can I stopped by his workplace somewhere next week cos I want to pass him some things before the rest leave for KL on Friday & he said sure woo hoo & before that , he thanked me in coming to catch Electrico's performance . No big dude , a pleasure !

So after he left , me & Bao Sui hanged outside the venue where the LIME Sonic Bang was taking place . She called her mum to pick us up & then we walked towards CCO & I saw Electrico & Elsa doing an interview for MTV . I think it might be broadcast on Pop Inc in the days/weeks to come .

After that was done , I went up to Dan & told him that Bao Sui & I are making our way back to Heeren so I said my goodbye's to him & yup probably will be meeting Dan real soon at his workplace then . See whether will he be free or not in the days to come . I hope so .

Waited for Bao Sui's mum a while & then we landed up just opposite my house where there's a whole stretch of restaurants were located at & I had lots of Roti Prata with curry & a cup of Milo Dinosaur , damn shiok .

I can't take a lot of spicy food as my tolerance for it's quite low so eariler had a mistake of asking for fish curry ! so I switched the curry that Bao Sui had with mine & hers's more nicer & less spicer & then her mum sent me back home.

Overall , as compared to yesterday & today's LIME Sonic Bang , today was a bit of a letdown . I don't know why but yesterday was extremely & more fun probably bcos' I had more fun with Lunarin before & after their performance & it has nothing to do with the music that was being offered but in general , I had a great time partying at LIME Sonic Bang but to be fair , sound & performances wise , today's better . Yesterday's sound system wasn't so good.

I should do it again at next year's LIME Sonic Bang then if you ask me !

++++++++

:: Me Me Me ::



Name :: Hui Min / Karen

B'Day :: 10.1.1987

Occupation :: Uni Student

Location :: Singapore

Been Blogging Since :: 7th Feb '05

No Music No Life - My Music Blog @ Blogspot

------------------+++------------------

:: Posts Worth Checking Out ::

* Happy 3rd Anniversary , KAT-TUN !
* On My Mind Eng Translated Lyrics
* RESCUE Eng Translated Lyrics
* Believe Eng Translated Lyrics
* ONE DROP Eng Translated Lyrics
* Last Post Before 2009
* truth/Kaze no Mukou e Eng Translated Lyrics
* The Click Five's Modern Minds And Great Times Tour
* Early Celebrations Of My 21st B'Day
* Inspirations From Hema's Blog Entry
* 2007 On A Glance
* Aust In A Nutshell
* 987 Stripped With The Click Five + Autograph Session
* 5 Things You Don't Need To Know About The Click Five
* Electrico @ Sony Ericsson's Traffic Jam Street Party @ Connaught Drive
* Caracal & SkiVe In Performance @ Esplanade
* Feeling Good With Nathan Hartono
* Rock For Wayne
* Witnessing SkiVe Doing The Recording Of 987 Home
* Lunarin Does Acoustic @ library@esplanade
* Another Sunday Afternoon @ Far East Plaza
* 987 Control Songlist Set
* The Observatory @ NUS's UCC Theatre
* Sending Electrico Off
* Lunarin's Read My Lips @ NUS's UCC
* Live In New Wave Pics Galore
* Electrico's Live In New Wave Concert Details
* Electrico Going On Indefinite Hiatus
* My Long OverDue B'day Pressie
* Electrico Performs At Ngee Ann Open House
* Happy 20th B'day To Me !
* Stasis9 With Lunarin
* 2006 Recaps
* Christmas With Corrinne May
* Say Hello To My New Friend
* Power Rangers - Forever Red
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 2
* LIME Sonic Bang Mayhem Round 1
* Explore S'pore With Astreal & Electrico
* Genting Trip {24th - 27th Nov '06}
* Gigs Galore Here I Come !
* A Pet Kitty Named Homework
* Out & About With Lunarin
* Happy 'Unofficial Electrico' 2nd Anniversary !
* Hady Da New S'pore Idol & Then Some
* Love In New Wave's No1 !
* Forums Emerged
* Waterfest Mayhem
* Electrico's Amazing Race Asia Tour Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Gig Details
* Bar None Rock Affair Soundcheck/Before Gig Details
* NDP Eve Countdown Gig @ Esplanade With Electrico
* New Friendship Forged
* Amusing Accident Account
* My CD Review Of Electrico's 2nd Album Hip City
* 2006 ITE Graduation
* 1st Blog Anniversary
* 2005 Recap
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 1
* Double Bill Gig @ Bar None Part 2
* Fabled Angst Machine Lyrics
* Double Bill Gig Tickets Pics
* Double Bill Gig News
* Electrico's Sound Therapy Gig @ Esplanade

------------------+++------------------

:: Archives ::

* May 2005
* June 2005
* July 2005
* August 2005
* September 2005
* October 2005
* November 2005
* December 2005
* January 2006
* February 2006
* March 2006
* April 2006
* May 2006
* June 2006
* July 2006
* August 2006
* September 2006
* October 2006
* November 2006
* December 2006
* January 2007
* February 2007
* March 2007
* April 2007
* May 2007
* June 2007
* July 2007
* August 2007
* September 2007
* October 2007
* November 2007
* December 2007
* January 2008
* February 2008
* March 2008
* April 2008
* May 2008
* June 2008
* July 2008
* August 2008
* September 2008
* October 2008
* November 2008
* December 2008
* January 2009
* February 2009
* March 2009
* April 2009
* May 2009
* June 2009
* July 2009
* August 2009
* September 2009
* October 2009
* November 2009
* December 2009

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Blogger Folks ::

* Hui Li
* Hui Lin
* Maggie
* Caleb
* Serene
* Dila
* Hema
* June
* BaoSui
* Saha
* Fieza
* Tim
* Khairil
* Skylar
* Jun Xiang
* Raid
* Jia Rong
* Zuwei
* Gen
* Guo Wei
* Travis
* Jasmine

------------------+++------------------

:: Other Links ::

* Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
* videocodezone
* downloadyoutubevideos
* KeepVid
* A-Nation
* musizislife77
* Music-Omatic
* Ali's Blog
* PopAddicted
* JPopKPop Downloads
* Asian Nation
* Japan-Roll
* AiPop
* occhiamandorla
* BeyondTheSea
* Ayumi Hamasaki -|- SEASONS -|-
* Divine Ayu
* Ayumi Lyrics
* Wiki.theppn.org
* Carbsmart Success Stories
* ILoveAtkins
* Atkins Carb Counter
* Atkins Success Stories
* About.com : Low Carb Diets
* Low Carb Help & Info
* SugarFreeSheila
* Darkstalkers
* Zedge
* Gareth Gates Forums
* 987FM Webcam
* VG Museum
* Fighters Generation
* Manga Translations
* Games Ending Screenshots
* Soundbuzz News
* Mileena
* Perlini Silver
* Ben 10 Episode Guide
* Martin Mystery Episode Guide
* Totally Spies Episode Guide
* American Dragon Episode Guide
* The Batman Episode Guide
* DayDreamGraphics
* MyFreeWallPapers
* My Scene Games
* DC Comics
* Marvel
* Flaming Text
* Batman Beyond
* Batman : TAS
* Jack's Place
* StarHub Cable TV
* Power Rangers Central

------------------+++------------------

:: Poem ::

O Mortals !
What is Love
That binds beyond life on earth ?

To all corners
in a pair we fly
Braving summer
and winter by and by

Union is bliss ;
parting is woe !
Agony is boundless
for a lovelorn soul !

Sweetheart ,
give me word ...
Trail of clouds
drifting forward ...

Amid mountains
capped with snow
Whither shall
my lonesome
shadow go ??

------------------+++------------------

:: Credits ::



Jars Of Jupiter